Celtic 2012/2013 season discussion thread

Scorless at half time.

0-15 minutes: Lively start from both sides. Good pace to it. Snappy passing. Lack of efforts on target, however. Commons was put through running at the last defender after a lovely Samaras flick but had his shot blocked when he had options left and right.

15-30 minutes: The match streams were cut off by Celtic. No other comments.

30-45 minutes: Streams reappeared. Celtic forcing the tempo. Commons missed a really good chance after being put in on the right by Hooper. Slashed it wide on the near post with his right foot. Kayal then displayed great skill to dribble past a couple of players and play it through to Lustig who slid the ball wide at the near post with the goal gaping.

A decent enough display by Celtic compared to some of the other lacklustre performances after Champions League ties.

Brown, Lassad, McGeouch, McCourt among the bench options.

Disgusted to see lard arse start after his midweek performance.

1-0 Caley Thistle.

McCourt for Watt.

For Watt?

For Watt?

Lennon needs to be sacked.

Brown for Matthews. Wanyama to centre back, Mulgrew to left back.

Lassad for Hooper.

For fuck sake. Commons is having a nightmare in front of goal.

I hear we are losing, Bandage

Weā€™ve been battering at them but they broke from a corner and hit the bar and Ambrose cleared the rebound off the line. Break came from one of their players fisting the ball forward with his hand on the edge of their box. Fuck sake.

Awfully frustrating. Thatā€™s 7 goals in 7 home league games. Fairly mental stuff.

Didnā€™t play all that bad today but missed a load of chances.

Celts canā€™t concentrate unless theyā€™re looking over their shoulder for the huns. Shameful result today.

inverness were about 14/1ā€¦theyĀ“ve been having good season up to one massive blip against motherwell last weekā€¦butcher always gets at least one big resulkt per season against celtic with themā€¦
whats celticĀ“s record like weekend after champs lge match ?..and does lennon seem to keep picking same 11 bar injuries??..he shud mix it up more in the leagueā€¦

Lennonā€™s loyalty to short wide-arsed players is costing Celtic badly.

Canā€™t remember the league games after the early CL games but we lost at home to Kilmarnock and drew at home to St Johnstone after both Barca games and today is another very poor result.

I didnā€™t really have an issue with the team selection today as he brought the likes of Kayal, Commons and Watt back in and Hooper needed a start on his recovery from injury.

Commons is getting on my tits lately. The creative onus is on him and he was ponderous and slow on the ball and repeatedly took the wrong option. Think itā€™s time to give McCourt or McGeouch a go instead of him.

Hooper didnā€™t need a start at all, he badly needs a run of games on the bench. He has become undroppable under Lennon, he got away with it in the last two seasons under Lennon because outside of him there were really no great options - it still pissed me off that Lennon would always choose Hooper ahead of Stokes irrespective of form. But now we have good competition up front and it galls me to see him as the first choice striker as he has failed to justify his managerā€™s decision this season - he has had one good game in Russia and that has been his contribution this season, his attitude has also been disgraceful. Hooper is slowly letting himself go the way of Scott McDonald.

Commons is one tricky pony who has been found out.

Heā€™s had more good games aside from Moscow but he was in his best form of the season so far at that time with his goal there and his excellent performance and goal at Motherwell the weekend before that. Think that was also around the time he scored 4 in the League Cup against Raith or someone. Heā€™s our proven number one striker following two twenty goal seasons and heā€™s into double figures already this term so Iā€™ve no qualms with the manager looking to get him back into the team on his return from injury. He shouldnā€™t be undroppable though.

Neil Lennon: ā€œO[font=Arial]ne out of nine points at home is simply not good enough. [/font][font=Arial]I donā€™t think we deserved to lose the game but we missed some really good chances. [/font][font=Arial]There was no level of clinical play or crispness in the final third. It wasnā€™t good enough. [/font][font=Arial]If you canā€™t keep clean sheets and you keep missing easy chances then youā€™re liable to get beaten. [/font][font=Arial]The back four were fine, Kayal had a very good game and if was good to see him coming back to the form we know heā€™s capable of. [/font][font=Arial]If Spartak Moscow is on their mind then they wonā€™t play. Iā€™m sick of talking about the Champions League when we have league games.ā€[/font]

Pretty much as I saw it. Ambrose and Kayal were our best players. Commons was dire and Samaras, Hooper and Watt were all below par.

he was a no mark championship player, hardly surprising that he aint a world beater

couple of weeks after beating barcelona - http://www1.skysports.com/football/news/11787/8278301/Neil-Lennon-sensationally-threatened-to-quit-after-Celtic-s-1-0-defeat-to-Inverness :lol:

always thought there was a stink of lauren robert off Commonsā€¦pings the odd left foot pass or sticks it top corner on very rare occasions but when you see him over a long period heĀ“s actually very limitedā€¦

If we donā€™t qualify for the CL knockout stages then Lennon should go.