Celtic 2012/2013 season discussion thread

[quote=“The Runt, post: 671520”]

Oh ya, that’s a grand spot. I would have no problem with you going there.

What’s the disco bar on the quays I’m thinking of?[/quote]

Think you were mixing it up with Mooney’s on the quay. Maggie May’s is a Celtic friendly establishment and I feel confident the game will be shown despite it clashing with Liverpool on the other side. I’ll keep you posted if plans change.

Correct mate. Mooneys was the place I was thinking of. That establishment isn’t fit to show the glorious Glasgow Celtic.

Hopefully Maggie Mays show it and you have a swell day out on the strip.

[quote=“The Runt, post: 671522”]

Correct mate. Mooneys was the place I was thinking of. That establishment isn’t fit to show the glorious Glasgow Celtic.

Hopefully Maggie Mays show it and you have a swell day out on the strip.[/quote]

Watched the last two festive Celtic fixtures in Maggie May’s.

2 Years Ago: Rangers* 0-2 Celtic (Samaras 2).

1 Year Ago: Celtic 1-0 Rangers* (Ledley).

No reason why they shouldn’t have tomorrow’s game away to Club 12.

• defunct.

Celtic supporting journalist Lawrence Donegan just tweeted to ask what time kick-off is tonight. Neil Lennon tweeted “7.30” back to him almost immediately. A wonderful service provided by the manager.

FAO of Bandage

How’d you get on in Maggie Mays?

Did they show the game?

[quote=“The Runt, post: 671525”]FAO of Bandage

How’d you get on in Maggie Mays?

Did they show the game?[/quote]

Hello The Runt.

I arrived in Maggie May’s circa 19.23 ahead of the 19.30 kick-off and Sky Sports was on all the screens. I asked if they could show the Celtic game on ESPN and the barman said they could and he’d get the manager to sort it out. They had a few words and then the manager approached me and said he’d have stuck it on a couple of screens already had he known it was on.

He then proceeded to turn on the game at the TV of my choice and I was later joined by the likes of forum members Stevie G, Appendage and Jugs to enjoy the festive football fare from Dens Park. We later went to The Loch & Quay to meet superleeds and Burgers and finally to the front bar of The Stores. I believe a pleasant evening was had by all.

In conclusion, Maggie May’s gets a thumbs up again.

any word on former great Alan Thompson since he was cut adrift from the celtic family ?..has he found employment anywhere else?..

the Celtic fans behaviour the other night has caused quite a stir

i doubt they will have late kick offs again

Lennon is a yes man and does what he is told, the stance he has taken with the fans on a number of occasions now has been out of line.

I’ll require updates today from Raymond Crotty, Totti and Rocko. Mulgrew and Forrest added to the absentee list having picked up injuries against Dundee. We’ll miss Mulgrew’s set piece delivery and Commons is still out too.

Just read that Kelvin Wilson has been offered a 2-game ban for the “elbow” on Baird the other night. Celtic have naturally appealed so he’s available to play today.

Not sure what the formation will be today. Ambrose is either part of a back three with Rogne and Wilson or else he’s playing in midfield and it’s four at the back. Kayal and Watt also drop out and Lassad plays too.

Ambrose turns into trouble in his own box and ends up giving away a corner.

What formation are Celtic playing?

My internet connection went and I missed us conceding. Eoin Doyle has just fluffed a great chance to make it 2, heading straight at Forster from 6 yards.

I’ve only just got a stable connection now.

Looks like Ambrose at right back and four in midfield with Sammy wide left and Lassad up front with Hooper.

Hooper flagged off after a short free kick routine played him in. He hit the post anyway with his snap shot.

Not really sure if Lustig is playing right wing or if he’s just a really really advanced wing back. Certainly Ambrose appears to be a right full back as opposed to a right sided centre back.

Doyle fires a cross-shot across the face of the goal. Rogne lets it past him but Griffiths wasn’t expecting that so it rolls out for a goal kick. Poor defending from Rogne who seems to have been at fault for the goal.

Cross from Lustig just inches away from Lassad.

Ambrose now playing in midfield with Lustig back to a conventional right back role.