Celtic 2012/2013 season discussion thread

The initial source seems to be Sky which has been lapped up by other sources, apparently Agudelo retweeted a link to the story as well. The media do seem to be using quite decisive terms when reporting this story and Lennon has stated that he is a player he likes so my gut feeling is that there must be more to it than idle speculation, £3m fee mentioned which would be quite a big outlay for us. I think this could be one of the most exciting signings Celtic have made in a long time if the stories are true.

[quote=“Il Bomber Destro, post: 671621”]The initial source seems to be Sky which has been lapped up by other sources, apparently Agudelo retweeted a link to the story as well. The media do seem to be using quite decisive terms when reporting this story and Lennon has stated that he is a player he likes so my gut feeling is that there must be more to it than idle speculation, £3m fee mentioned which would be quite a big outlay for us. I think this could be one of the most exciting signings Celtic have made in a long time if the stories are true.
[/quote]

Any videos of him in action? What style of striker is he anyway?

Final question, what’s your current status vis-a-vis supporting Celtic?

No comprehensive videos about him but my confidence is borne out the reputation he has built and the fact that he is of Colombian heritage - he has to be good. The little clips I’ve seen of him seem to suggest he’s a rangy striker with a good physical presence and good mobility.

Rogic looks decent in that video, if not a little slow, hope we get at least one wide option in January. We’ve had a very stale tempo in a lot of the games I’ve seen this season and we need some wide players to add some directness and pace into our game.

I like the look of Rogic myself - strong on the ball and seems to have an ability to slide nice passes into the strikers and wide attackers and has a good strike on him too. We appear to be targeting a lot of players with good physical attributes - we’re the biggest team in the Champions League this season - even in areas like full back with Lustig and now Gershon. We’re also powerful further forward with Wanyama in midfield and then Samaras too. Rogic and Agudelo appear to be physically imposing chaps too. I guess it’s handy to have players who can cope with the hackers in Scotland and have the ability to go with it too.

Our friendly in Marbella tomorrow evening against Steaua Bucharest is being broadcast live by ESPN. Stokes has tweeted that he expects to feature in it on his return from injury. Some doubt as to whether the trialist Rogic can take part as there may be insurance issues around it. Neil has said that he would like more time to assess him back in Glasgow but he has looked impressive.

Rogic is a big unit, more than capable of swatting away nasty little proddy defenders. Great shot as well with amazingly little backlift. Lennon said some very positive things about him last week.

In the Mariners clubhouse at the training facility in Tuggerah, here on the NSW Central Coast, there is a framed Celtic jersey signed by Steve Chalmers.

Are you finished getting your plugs in?

No Walter, I’m a cultural amabassador for the Mariners. Any chance to spread the word I’ll take.

I can exclusively confirm that Tom Rogic will be travelling back to Glasgow with Celtic tomorrow from their Spanish training camp to complete his move to the Irish giants. A fee of GBP£500k has been agreed with his Australian club.

Senfuckingsational.

If Bandage is reporting this, then its red rover. He’s a huge loss to our club, but he goes onto bigger and brighter things, playing for Ireland’s premier football club. We’ll miss you Tommy, you’ve contributed a huge amount in a short time to us.

Its a deal, its a steal, its sale of the fucking century. Could be the best 500k Celtic have ever spent.

Signing into ESPN for the match.

Zaluska,
Matthews, Rogne, Wilson, Izaguirre,
McGeouch, Wanyama, Ledley,
Hooper,
Watt, Bangura.

McGeouch with the armband for his 20th birthday. Splendid to see Bangura back in the team. :clap:

Neil Lennon isn’t present as he went home for an LMA dinner to network with other managers. :clap:

:ireland:

The referee has booked Izzy for taking a freekick too quickly. :lol:

In a friendly kickabout like this. :lol:

1-0 to them. Poor defending by Wilson caught on his heels and Zaluska sat down when the lad blasted it straight at him from an angle.

I’m seething.

HT: Celtic 0-1 Steaua Bucharesti.

We’re really missing a Tom Rogic type player to open them up.

Stokes is due to get a run in the second half. Hopefully he’ll make an explosive return to the team and rifle home a goal.

Is Vlad Chiriches playing for Steaua?

[font=Arial]Samaras keeps up record of scoring in every European away game this season. Helsinki, Helsingborgs, Moscow, Barcelona, Lisbon, Marbella.[/font]

Bangura!!!

Oh my God.

No idea.

Mulgrew, Brown, Commons and Samaras came on at half time.

Brilliant cross by Commons for Bangura’s excellent headed finish.

Izzy and McGeouch, now wing backs, combined for the Samaras tap in.