Celtic 2012/2013 season discussion thread

[quote=“Bandage, post: 671600”]
Did anyone else know that my favourite actor and actress are both actually massive Celtic supporters? I didn’t even know it myself until yesterday. Hail hail to Jay Baruchel (Irish descent) and the beautiful Alison Brie (studied theatre in Glasgow). http://cp12-eu.stablehost.com/~thefreek/board/public/style_emoticons/default/ireland-flag-50.gif http://cp12-eu.stablehost.com/~thefreek/board/public/style_emoticons/default/apploud.gif
[/quote]Alson Brie is savage, never knew she was a Celt :clap:

DP

[quote=“myboyblue, post: 671601”]Alson Brie is savage, never knew she was a Celt

[spoiler]

[/spoiler][/quote]

She’s a cracker alright. Been in a few very cheesy films though

:lol: :lol:
cheesy films

what a tard

Marchisio suffered a pretty bad knee injury today and could be out for a while, Celtic are getting Juventus at a good time. Chiellini and Marchisio will be massive losses for Juve.

Just waiting for a work permit for him now.

I understand we will be announcing a new shirt sponsor this afternoon.

Rumours that Magners might be our new corporate partners.

magners/bulmers

The sponsor will be announced all in its own good time.

The squad flew from Glasgow Prestwick to Malaga (Ryanair) this morning for the winter training camp.

Bandage do you want to extend our lunch appointment to take in the 3pm press conference? Not sure I’d be much use at work anyway with that sort of corporate announcement taking place in the background.

Celtic Football Club is delighted today to announce a new three-year shirt sponsorship with Magners, the premium international cider brand. The deal will see Magners become the shirt sponsor of Celtic from the start of the 2013/14 season.

Magners has a strong track record of engaging fans via successful and innovative sponsorships across rugby, football, comedy and music and is currently working with Celtic to develop a range of initiatives to support its partnership with the club.

Celtic Chief Executive Peter Lawwell welcomed Magners’ commitment. He said: "On behalf of everyone at Celtic, I am delighted to welcome Magners as the club’s new shirt sponsor.

"This partnership is magnificent news, not only for Celtic but also for Scottish football. We are proud to be successfully leading Scottish football at home and in Europe.

"The desire of a brand with Magners’ stature to support the club is a measure of how much positivity there is around Celtic in our 125th year. I look forward to a long and successful partnership with Magners and I’m sure every Celtic fan will welcome their support.”

Tom McCusker, Managing Director of Magners, looks forward to a successful partnership. He said: “Magners is a premium brand with huge ambition both at home and abroad, available in over 40 markets worldwide including key cider growth territories like the US, Australia, Canada and Asia.

"There is, therefore, a great fit with Celtic Football Club who also enjoy great success and popularity domestically and internationally. Everyone at Magners is looking forward to working with Celtic and its fans over the coming years in what promises to be an exciting time for the club and our brand.”

Tremendous news :clap:

Thrilled to switch from one arm of the C&C Group (Tennent’s) to another (Magners). These are really unchartered waters for the club. :clap:

A proud day to be Irish as one Irish institution cements it’s relationship with another. :clap: :clap:

I would happily drink more of the stuff but had to give it up 3 years ago as it rips through my liver like acid.

Could Drogba, Samaras and Hooper all play together in the one team?

celtic jerseys and cider…who´d have put the two them together… :strokechin:

STV are linking Celtic with a move for Nigerian international left back Juwon Oshaniwa. He’s currently with FC Ashdod in Israel - Efe Ambrose’s former club - and, like Efe, he’s represented by Dudu Dahan. So that’s Dudu having delivered us Kayal, Ambrose, Gershon and potentially this chap.

Any detailed information of Tomas Rogic, lads? Reported this morning that we are close to signing Agudelo, that for me would mean that we will be letting a striker go this month - hopefully Hooper for silly money. I’d like to see the club address the issues of getting some width in the side, we only really have Forrest and Samaras in the side in this respect and Forrest has spent most of the season on the treatment table, not sure if McGeouch is a natural wide player and he hasn’t really shown he is ready for the first team yet. I would be hopeful that the move for the Nigerian left back will go ahead.

Getting off the transfer front, Lennon should be giving McCourt more starts in SPL games in a central position. Hopefully the return of Stokes should give us a boost on the domestic front, Stokes and Watt are our two best strikers. I find the Miku situation very strange, just as he was beginning to put a few decent performances together he was completely left out of the picture, - very, very strange.

A bit of information and a video of Rogic in action at this link, Totti: http://90minutecynic…ns-with-celtic/

Fitzy also helpfully provided an overview of him on the A League thread.

Who was reporting the Aguedelo news? Reliable source?

Was just watching this video of Nakamura’s Celtic career. He scored some really wonderful goals for us. I was very fortunate to be present at Celtic Park for his stunning strike against the huns (deceased). :clap:

[font=verdana]“Celtic is a special club to me and I am very sad that I never got the chance to say goodbye to the fans. When I come back to Glasgow, I will go to Celtic Park and say hello to the supporters. I miss all the staff and my old team-mates. I had awesome days in Glasgow and Celtic are in my heart all the time.” - Shunsuke Nakamura.[/font]

www.youtube.com/watch?v=AHlPrdWfOGw