Celtic 2012/2013 season discussion thread

RIP.

SPL football returns tomorrow after two and a half long weeks. Celtic host Hearts and I, for one, canā€™t wait. Kelvin Wilson is suspended and Efe Ambrose is with Nigeria at The African Cup of Nations so a defensive rejig is required. Injury news to follow later on.

Neil Lennon has revealed that Celtic have turned down a GBPĀ£5m bid for Gary Hooper from Norwich. He said he was discussed the situation with Hooperā€™s representatives this morning and itā€™s business as usual for Gary as far as heā€™s concerned. My preference would be for Hooper to stay at Celtic but it would not be a crushing blow if he left (Iā€™d place Wanyama and Forster in this category).

Rami Gershon is in the squad for tomorrowā€™s game. Neil described him as being aggressive, strong and hungry. Tom Rogicā€™s work permit hearing will be early next week and heā€™ll have to travel back to Australia to get everything signed and stamped pending a successful outcome - so we wonā€™t see him action for a couple of weeks at least. Neil said heā€™s developed very well over the past year, possesses very good technical ability, is a good mover of the ball and is capable of scoring goals too.

Forrest and McCourt are out of tomorrowā€™s game.

Oh yes, third choice 'keeper Kamenar (forget his first name) has left the club.

Il bomber will not be pleased with this development.

Will be interested to hear more from Neil on the Hooper bid after the game tomorrow. His comments today about speaking with Hooperā€™s representatives perhaps hinted that he was persuading them that staying was most beneficial for each party. Thereā€™s been rumours for a while about Hooper looking to move back to the south - heā€™s from Essex - so I wonder if he actually fancies an EPL transfer.

Daily snapshot of Celtic news:

• Tom Rogic was granted a work permit at a hearing today;
  • Stokes and Gershon are playing for the U20 team against Motherwell tonight to build up their fitness;
  • Matthews and Commons are doubtful for tomorrow nightā€™s home SPL clash against Dundee United with groin and rib injuries respectively;
  • Forrest and McCourt remain absent with injury;
  • Johan Mjallby said Norwich havenā€™t returned with another bid for Hooper and weā€™re not welcoming bids for him from any parties either.

Breaking News coming out of Celtic Park:

Emilio Izaguirre has finally passed his driving test. :clap:

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/BBI-8K6CcAEyDmu.jpg:large]https://pbs.twimg.com/media/BBI-8K6CcAEyDmu.jpg:large

Bhoys, would it be handy enough to get a ticket to a run of the mill SPL game at Celtic Park over the next 2-3 months and if so where do you get them? Say a home game against Hearts or Dundee Utd for example. Presume the home champions league game against Juventus would be impossible.

You can purchase them online, The Dunph. You can print the ticket out or collect it at the ticket office. Printing it out is the handiest, tickets should be no problem.

Cheers. Is there any point in going to a run of the mill game, would there be any sort of atmosphere? Deeply regret never getting to an old firm game before the huns went extinct but myself and a pal actually planned to go to one this very season before it happened.

Yeah it will still be decent enough. Get a seat near the Green Brigade (section 111) to get a decent atmosphere.

Iā€™d imagine the atmosphere might be a little more sombre there this season without the huns. I was at two games this season, Helsinki in the CL qualifier and Aberdeen in the SPL opener but I donā€™t think they would be a fair reflection given the fact they were the opening of the season and the enthusiasm that goes with that. The Green Brigade are excellent though.

Sammy in a Head and Shoulders ad.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hCHubmYUzhQ hCHubmYUzhQ

:clap:

Amazing.

Very good, think i will buy a bottle of that stuff.

Before ye go rushing out to buy someā€¦

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BQel8rz6Kxo BQel8rz6Kxo

CELTIC are delighted to announce that a work permit for Australian Tom Rogic has been approved.

Ill be eager to see what he can do on the pitch.

Smashing first post :clap: :ireland:

[quote=ā€œFenianFaulkner91, post: 671677ā€]CELTIC are delighted to announce that a work permit for Australian Tom Rogic has been approved.

Ill be eager to see what he can do on the pitch.[/quote]

Iā€™m due a new password is work today. Anyone know his squad number yet?

I donā€™t think itā€™s been announced yet but Iā€™ll need to replace ā€œHun55cumā€ next week too.