Celtic 2012/2013 season discussion thread

http://www.youtube.com/embed/RjYQqmXZ4IA]http://www.youtube.com/embed/RjYQqmXZ4IA

V

http://www.youtube.com/embed/N-R2egw30WA]http://www.youtube.com/embed/N-R2egw30WA

Neil Lennon on Gary Hooper: “Norwich improved their offer, it was rejected immediately. Our contract offer has been on the table since October. We respect Gary’s representatives’ decision on it but we are confident come February 1st he will be a Celtic player. We knew they weren’t happy with the contract 2-3 months ago. Our position is clear - he’s not going anywhere.”

Neil said earlier on BBC Radio Scotland that the new contract would make Hooper one of the top 2 or 3 players at the club and that it was our final offer.

We will have to sell him in the summer if there’s no movement either way on the contract talks in the meantime as his current deal expires in summer 2014.

It seems that his agent(s) has leaked the information about Norwich bidding for him so that’s why Neil in turn has responded publicly. The situation doesn’t seem to have adversely affected Hooper’s game anyway and there’s no problem between him and Neil.

Good thing he’s hitting a bit of form now, hopefully we’ll get him out the door for a decent fee before the window is shut.

At this stage it looks unlikely he’ll stay beyond the summer but it would still require a premium offer to get him now. Interesting that Spurs were supposedly watching him tonight.

Wanyama won’t be at Celtic after the summer either but there will probably be an auction for his services.

Tonight’s goals courtesy of our friends on thehuddleboard. Two lovely counter-attacking goals for Hooper and we’re doing lots of dinky set piece stuff this season too.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mqnU5b37FwY mqnU5b37FwY

Yeah it’s impressive how we keep creating ways of getting Wanyama free at the back post from corners.

lassad looks such a tidy player…doesn´t seem to ever over play the ball…touch here, touch there…always into space for a runner…looks a class act from what i´ve seen of him…

Agreed. Said at the time that it was odd that the loan signing was getting all the publicity when he was signed permanently and had a record that looked as impressive. He even looked good in a couple of early cameos but has certainly been a positive influence since getting a regular look-in.

What? That’s what I said.

I’m obviously very perceptive but I noticed Matthews, rather than Mulgrew, taking two freekicks from wide left on Saturday from crossing positions in line with the edge of the box. Immediately I thought to myself they were looking to do the freekick where Matthew feigns to put in a standard whipped cross but instead rolls it to Mulgrew who’s arced around from the back post into the centre of the box to sweep in a shot left-footed on the run.

As an aside, we scored from it in Inverness back at the start of the season but it’s not something you can do all the time because Mulgrew’s delivery is so good so the opposition should spot that there must be something cooking if he’s not standing over the freekick himself. But I digress.

Anyway, Matthews actually hit two standard crosses into the danger area on Saturday rather than trying the pass to Charlie. Then we got another freekick in a similar position tonight during the first half and Lustig stood over it - he crossed it in too. Later on, in the second half, we got one from a similar enough position out left and Lustig ambled over. “We’ll definitely do the routine this time,” I thought to myself. Next thing, Mulgrew peels off to the back post before looping back around at pace and Lustig rolls it to him on the penalty spot and Charlie completely fresh airs the ball.

They’d actually taken the bones of two games to set it up but Charlie fluffed the shot. I must say, I was thrilled with myself for spotting that they were running decoy moves before picking the right time to go with it. That’s the kind of shit that Raymond Crotty wouldn’t notice. Mulgrew usually has a very crisp strike of a ball so it’s one to look out for against Juve.

But yes, we have worked a lot of different set piece routines this season and look very threatening from them.

It’s like establishing the run before running the play action. Lennon is taking it to the next level. If he ever leaves Celtic I hope it’s to take over at Ireland or my beloved NY Jets.

Can Rocko please show me where you said this?

[quote=“Il Bomber Destro, post: 671692”]Agreed. Said at the time that it was odd that the loan signing was getting all the publicity when he was signed permanently and had a record that looked as impressive. He even looked good in a couple of early cameos but has certainly been a positive influence since getting a regular look-in.

Can Rocko please show me where you said this?[/quote]

I said it to Bandage in the pub. I’ll check if there’s cctv footage available.

You took my views and passed them off as your own. You are the Tony Leen of the forum.

[quote=“Il Bomber Destro, post: 671694”]I said it to Bandage in the pub. I’ll check if there’s cctv footage available.

You took my views and passed them off as your own. You are the Tony Leen of the forum.[/quote]

:smiley: I was saving your views for a worthwhile occasion. It wasn’t plagiarism.

Rocko also stole my views on Carolina Panthers QB Cam Newton and tried to pass them off to cesc4.

:lol:

Bangura gone on loan to Elsborg in Sweden.

is he the guy that henrik larrson recommended signing?..

So the story goes anyway. He was really unimpressive in his first team appearances. There was nothing about him at all that marked him out as an accomplished player.