Celtic 2012/2013 season discussion thread

Forrest close to restoring the lead.

Stokes for Lassad.

Craig knocks the ball off his own post after a Mulgrew cross.

That was actually a very good Mannus save when Craig deflected Mulgrewā€™s cross. Shite second half display, which confirms my thinking that the team should have been freshened up more.

Indeed. Lacked a bit of energy and we werenā€™t exactly bullying their strikers with committed defending. Still a point from Perth and weā€™re one step closer to the title.

I believe Hooper has now failed to score in his last FIVE games yet Lennon persists with picking him.

The Hooper groupies are very quiet on that one.

Celtic will surely be happy with that point away from home Rocko, must be a 20 point gap now at this stage
once Juventus is done and dusted , celtic should be 25+ clear, should make for a pretty surreal last 10 weeks of the season, youā€™d really wonder how long it can go on for, id say you may see the huns magically jump a few divisions in July , for the sake of the game over there the SPL / SFA and i suspect also the Green Brigade who are in a symbiotic relationship with their cousins accross town may not have a choice

As you say, it was strange that bringing on Tade and moving to 4-4-2 and launching high balls forward unsettled us so much. We werenā€™t commanding in the air at the back and a lot of aerial balls into the box were causing concern. They were sharper on picking up loose balls too and, again, it surely seemed like a game Kayal and a couple of others would have been eager to impress in.

Yeah Rogne is ostensibly our best headerer of a ball so you could see the logic in bringing him on but heā€™s not aggressive enough and Iā€™d be showing him limited loyalty if heā€™s fucking off in the summer. It wasnā€™t just about the defence anyway - we didnā€™t put them under pressure all over the pitch and we could have done with the likes of Kayal to bring that.

Not really sure what the logic is with Forrest not starting. Are we resting him or is it that heā€™s not fit yet? Why did we start him against Juve if he wasnā€™t fit enough to play a few games. I understand the need to manage his return from injury but in that scenario it might not have been advisable starting him in such a crucial game if heā€™s not at the peak of his powers.

will Kayal move on Bandage?
Maccabi Tel Aviv took his mate Eran Zehavi back from Palermo and i know that Oscar Garcia is looking at him as he tries to put together a strong squad to ensure they get to the CL groups stages next season after their almost inevitable league win here, bar a late Maccabi Haifa push.
I read recently that his Mrs. isnt happy in Glasgow ( lazy and predictive journalism i know) and he is a bit pissed with kicking his heels , instead of huns on the bench

Yes, Iā€™m still perplexed by the decision to start Ambrose and Forrest against Juve.

[quote=ā€œmickee321, post: 739146, member: 367ā€]will Kayal move on Bandage?
Maccabi Tel Aviv took his mate Eran Zehavi back from Palermo and i know that Oscar Garcia is looking at him as he tries to put together a strong squad to ensure they get to the CL groups stages next season after their almost inevitable league win here, bar a late Maccabi Haifa push.
I read recently that his Mrs. isnt happy in Glasgow ( lazy and predictive journalism i know) and he is a bit pissed with kicking his heels , instead of huns on the bench[/quote]
I doubt heā€™d be sold for close to what we paid for him. Still fits the age profile that we invest in and isnā€™t on huge wages so heā€™s exactly the type of player Celtic want to fill out the squad - reliable, amassing a bit of experience, decent player. If he gets restless then who knows but I donā€™t see him going anywhere soon.

Kayal could come back into the reckoning if Wanyama is sold in the summer but he strikes me as the type of chap whoā€™d push to move if things arenā€™t going his way.

cheers lads
his wife is a cracker also

[FONT=Arial]Neil Lennon speaking to media at McDiarmid Park: ā€˜First 45 minutes here was the best football I have seen in my time here.ā€™[/FONT]

[FONT=Arial]I mentioned the 5 or 6 first half chances we created but thatā€™s more than a slight exaggeration from the manager. [/FONT]

So Lennon has confirmed that Rogne has turned down a contract. Celtic may go back with another offer but no guarantees according to Lennon.

Heā€™s a decent prospect but horribly slow, poor on the ball and perpetually injured. Donā€™t think heā€™s earned the right to be a decent earner yet. Would like him to stay but he hasnā€™t proven himself capable of playing regularly.

I wonā€™t shed any tears if Rogne leaves. I wonder if we have anything in the pipeline re pre-contract signings. Iā€™d be surprised if we didnā€™t.

I imagine that Agudelo is still on our radar but depends on players leaving. I agree that weā€™ll probably line up a couple of signings of young prospects before the end of the season.

[quote=ā€œRocko, post: 740307, member: 1ā€]So Lennon has confirmed that Rogne has turned down a contract. Celtic may go back with another offer but no guarantees according to Lennon.

Heā€™s a decent prospect but horribly slow, poor on the ball and perpetually injured. Donā€™t think heā€™s earned the right to be a decent earner yet. Would like him to stay but he hasnā€™t proven himself capable of playing regularly.[/quote]
Lennon also confirmed that the offer for Hooper remains on the table but may be withdrawn by the club in the future.

Also talks will be held with Paddy McCourt whoā€™s also out of contract in the summer.