Celtic 2012/2013 season discussion thread

I wonder if Lennon will have the balls to drop Gary Hooper who has now failed to score in his last five starts.

Sad to announce that Hagies has closed down. :frowning:

Long walk to CP now without stopping off there. It was a terrific place particularly when a flute band were on.

Celtic FC have generously invited the Limerick FC squad and staff to be their guests at tomorrows SPL fixture.

Opportune time to make wholesale changes alright and, as I said, I felt it should have been done in Perth on Tuesday night. Iā€™d certainly rest the likes of Wanyama and Hooper anyway. Weā€™ll need our top scorer fresh for Turin.

Samaras would need games more than rest in order to be ready for Turin. Will he make it?

Back in the squad today, as is Lustig.

I would like to see the following team for today:

4-4-2:

Forster; Matthews, Rogne, Gershon*, Chalmers; McGeouch, McCourt, Kayal, Samaras; Watt, Stokes.

*Is Gershon fit?

Team announced:
Forster,
Ambrose, Rogne, Wilson, Izaguirre,
McGeouch, Kayal, Ledley, Forrest,
Hooper, Stokes.

Subs: Zaluska, Rogic, Samaras, Wanyama, Lassad, Miku, McCourt.

Lennon going with a striker who has failed to score in his last 5 starts and Anthony Watt isnā€™t even in the squad?

A fucking joke.

[quote=ā€œIl Bomber Destro, post: 740881, member: 1052ā€]Lennon going with a striker who has failed to score in his last 5 starts and Anthony Watt isnā€™t even in the squad?

A fucking joke.[/quote]

You seemed happy enough to ignore scoring goals as a requirement for a striker until this recent barren spell for Hooper. :smiley:

He still has 10 more goals than anyone else in the squad.

[quote=ā€œBandage, post: 740886, member: 9ā€]You seemed happy enough to ignore scoring goals as a requirement for a striker until this recent barren spell for Hooper. :smiley:

He still has 10 more goals than anyone else in the squad.[/quote]

Well that would be easy seeing as he has played much more football than any of his competitors. Tony Watt has been in and out of the team all season (mostly out) despite performing much better than Hooper and scoring goals when he has been in the team. I doubt he has ever gone on a scoring drought like Hooper is on right now. He must be nearly 500 minutes without a goal. He has started nearly every game for Celtic this season yet is being outscored by the likes of Niall McGinn, Michael Higdon, Willie McKay and Leigh Griffiths.

Hooper is shit.

[quote=ā€œIl Bomber Destro, post: 740889, member: 1052ā€]Well that would be easy seeing as he has played much more football than any of his competitors. Tony Watt has been in and out of the team all season (mostly out) despite performing much better than Hooper and scoring goals when he has been in the team. I doubt he has ever gone on a scoring drought like Hooper is on right now. He must be nearly 500 minutes without a goal. He has started nearly every game for Celtic this season yet is being outscored by the likes of Niall McGinn, Michael Higdon, Willie McKay and Leigh Griffiths.

Hooper is shit.[/quote]

23 goals by late February is a more than acceptable return for Hooper and I really donā€™t think football super agent Willie McKay can compare with that goal tally.

No Mulgrew or Commons today so McGeouch is likely to be on set pieces.

[quote=ā€œBandage, post: 740880, member: 9ā€]Team announced:
Forster,
Ambrose, Rogne, Wilson, Izaguirre,
McGeouch, Kayal, Ledley, Forrest,
Hooper, Stokes.

Subs: Zaluska, Rogic, Samaras, Wanyama, Lassad, Miku, McCourt.[/quote]
I like the look of that midfield. Itā€™s attacking but we can afford to do that. Would be nice to see Stokes and Hooper continuing their productive partnership of late.

He is being outscore by a bunch of journeymen despite playing more minutes in the SPL than any other Celtic player this season.

Donā€™t really think he was interfering there as he was running from the blindside of the keeper so to speak. He didnā€™t obscure Forsterā€™s view of things.

Rab Douglas. :smiley:

Douglas. :smiley:

Shades of Seville there

That was lovely combination play from Izzy and Stokes down the left. Stokes once again showing us why he is our best forward.