Celtic 2012/2013 season discussion thread

[quote=ā€œBandage, post: 742054, member: 9ā€]A bit of rotation alright but itā€™s still a strong team and Samaras is included after his recent injury. Not really a defensive minded player in midfield though.

Forster,
Matthews, Rogne, Wanyama, Izaguirre,
Forrest, Kayal, Rogic, Commons,
Stokes, Samaras.

Subs: Zaluska, Ambrose, Lassad, Ledley, McCourt, McGeouch, Hooper.[/quote]
Like the selection. Forrest still looks rusty and Sammy obviously needs game time. Didnā€™t think weā€™d be playing in a 4 man midfield but getting a healthy SPL lead is paying dividends.

I hate it when he plays Wanyama centre back:

a) I think Wanyama is a terrible centre back, he has been exposed there on a number of occasions.
b) You are taking your best central midfielder out which is a silly thing to do.

Iā€™d be really disappointed if young Fraser was available tonight and he has gone with Wanyama at centre back, how long more is Gershon out for? Lennon really needs to start focusing on his picking his best side and not his best players, he has the likes of Ledley, Brown, Kayal, Wanyama, Mulgrew, Commons, Forrest and Samaras competing for 4/5 positions and Hooper is a fixture up front. He dicks about with the team in order to accommodate these lads and itā€™s usually at the expense of exciting players like Watt, Stokes and McCourt.

Samaras appears to be drifting left with Commons playing centrally off Stokes.

Smashing pass by Rogic to release Forrest.

[quote=ā€œIl Bomber Destro, post: 742066, member: 1052ā€]I hate it when he plays Wanyama centre back:

a) I think Wanyama is a terrible centre back, he has been exposed there on a number of occasions.
b) You are taking your best central midfielder out which is a silly thing to do.

Iā€™d be really disappointed if young Fraser was available tonight and he has gone with Wanyama at centre back, how long more is Gershon out for? Lennon really needs to start focusing on his picking his best side and not his best players, he has the likes of Ledley, Brown, Kayal, Wanyama, Mulgrew, Commons, Forrest and Samaras competing for 4/5 positions and Hooper is a fixture up front. He dicks about with the team in order to accommodate these lads and itā€™s usually at the expense of exciting players like Watt, Stokes and McCourt.[/quote]
Thatā€™s quality Totti. Itā€™s mad the effort that Lennon has gone to just to ensure Hooper starts tonight. FFS.

Commons has started sloppily.

Rogne playing left centre back is unusual. Iā€™d have expected Wanyama to shift to that side.

Huh, the second part of that post was a general observation borne from my initial point on Wanyamaā€™s selection at CB tonight. Your faith in Lennon is blind, Iā€™m not even allowed raise valid concerns without you barking at me.

Commons wide left now with Stokes playing off Samaras. Rogic definitely has something about him.

Youā€™d have to think Hooper would have been in there to finish that Forrest cross off.

Ah lovely. Great to see that horrible cunt Lasley take a sore one.

We have been caught in possession quite a bit, playing surface not the best in the central areas.

Offside surely.

Awful defending by Wanyama.

Simple 1-2 ripped us apart there. Not sure where Matthews was, did we lose possession when he was upfield? Feel a bit of sympathy for Izzy. Obviously should have done better but he got it the right position and clearly just didnā€™t see Humphrey on his blindside.

Wasteful shot from Commons there. They were a bit exposed and there were better options than a speculative effort from distance.

On another note I think itā€™s time to get shot of Kayal.

Matthews was beaten in the air from the initial kick-out. Donā€™t know where he was after that. Shitty concession.

Wanyama is all over the shop.

Heā€™s been poor so far alright. Still think he has the talent if he wasnā€™t as anxious on the ball.

He seemed to be jogging back rather leisurely.