Celtic 2012/2013 season discussion thread

+1

I will be apoplectic when this happens. What about Forrest? Is he injured?

How did McCourt play, Bandage?

[quote=“Il Bomber Destro, post: 774365, member: 1052”]+1

I will be apoplectic when this happens. What about Forrest? Is he injured?

How did McCourt play, Bandage?[/quote]

McCourt played well. On the ball a lot and kept things moving. Played some nice incisive passes and was comfortable on the ball generally.

I think he’s a genuine starting option for the final now in that type of formation with Wanyama and Kayal suspended.

Commons is full of goals lately and I think Lennon will want him playing centrally. A 4-4-2 would see him on a flank and he’d probably be less effective there. I think we’ll go 4-3-1-2 with overlapping full backs providing the width so that spot beside Brown and Ledley is up for grabs.

Stokes is then likely to lose out to Samaras and Hooper. I don’t think we’ll see a 4-4-2 with Samaras and Commons on the wings and Stokes upfront with Hooper.

[quote=“Bandage, post: 774560, member: 9”]McCourt played well. On the ball a lot and kept things moving. Played some nice incisive passes and was comfortable on the ball generally.

I think he’s a genuine starting option for the final now in that type of formation with Wanyama and Kayal suspended.

Commons is full of goals lately and I think Lennon will want him playing centrally. A 4-4-2 would see him on a flank and he’d probably be less effective there. I think we’ll go 4-3-1-2 with overlapping full backs providing the width so that spot beside Brown and Ledley is up for grabs.

Stokes is then likely to lose out to Samaras and Hooper. I don’t think we’ll see a 4-4-2 with Samaras and Commons on the wings and Stokes upfront with Hooper.[/quote]

[FONT=Calibri]Of course, I completely forgot that Charlie Mulgrew was missing yesterday and is likely to be back for the final on Sunday. He’ll probably be thrown into midfield so McCourt would then lose out but I’d prefer if Mulgrew played centre back.[/FONT]
[FONT=Calibri] [/FONT]
[FONT=Calibri]I wonder if Hibs will “have a go” and play Griffiths and the young lad Caldwell upfront or stiffen up the midfield with a 4-5-1. They’ve been playing 4-4-2 lately and they’ve a young winger Harris who looks dangerous too.[/FONT]

Strachan has given Tony Watt his first call-up to the Scotland side. :clap:

I noted that also in the squad are Ryan Jack of Aberdeen and Stuart Armstrong of Dundee Utd. Bandage and Rocko, are either of these players any good?

[quote=“Il Bomber Destro, post: 775167, member: 1052”]Strachan has given Tony Watt his first call-up to the Scotland side. :clap:

I noted that also in the squad are Ryan Jack of Aberdeen and Stuart Armstrong of Dundee Utd. Bandage and Rocko, are either of these players any good?[/quote]
I don’t think Jack is up to much.

James Forrest expects to train on Friday and Saturday to prove his fitness for Sunday’s final. I’d leave him on the bench.

Kris Commons has announced his retirement from international football. :clap:

Dr. Dre :clap:

http://www.joe.ie/football/football-news/picture-the-specially-commissioned-125-beats-headphones-presented-to-celtic-by-dr-dre-0038166-1

[quote=“ChocolateMice, post: 775826, member: 168”]Dr. Dre :clap:

http://www.joe.ie/football/football-news/picture-the-specially-commissioned-125-beats-headphones-presented-to-celtic-by-dr-dre-0038166-1[/quote]

Dr Dre has joined Niall Horan and Lana Del Rey in pledging allegiance to the Celtic ranks in recent months. :clap:

Just saw this little snippet in the BBC Gossip Section this morning.

Celtic are close to signing Bulgarian winger Aleksandar Tonev, 23, from Lech Poznan in an £8m deal.
Full story: Daily Record

£8m? :rolleyes:

Great news, if this is to be believed.

One of the head coach’s first tasks will be to slim down a wage bill of £25 million with Bakary Sako and Kevin Doyle undoubtedly the club’s chief assets. Whereas Sako is wanted by Fulham and has been known to a variety of top flight clubs for some time, Doyle had appeared set for a summer switch to Celtic, particularly after Neil Lennon tried to take the Irish international on loan in January.

But there now appear to be major doubts about a potential switch to Parkhead.

Reports north of the border suggest that Lennon’s priorities appear to have changed.

Scottish Cup hero Gary Hooper is the subject of major interest from a number of English clubs with QPR and West Ham at the head of a queue for his signature.

His 31 goals will be tough to replace and so Lennon is believed to be looking for a natural goalscorer.

Doyle managed just nine goals in the Championship last season and four in the Premier League the year before.

A source close to Lennon believes that the Ireland striker is unlikely to sign for the Bhoys as Celtic have switched their focus to a goal-grabber.

Celtic are reported to be interested in signing Algerian striker El Arbi Hillel Soudani, who can also play out wide. He scored nine goals for Portuguese side Vitoria Guimaraes and Dinamo Minsk had a bid of £600,000 turned down. It is thought the Portuguese club will accept £750,000 with Hamburg, Sochaux and Granada also bidding for the Algerian’s signature.

Doyle still has two years remaining on his contract and, despite his lack of goals, Wolves can still attract bids in the region of £2-3 million

The Scotsman are also reporting we are close to getting Tonev, but this time for a fee of £2m, which seems a lot more plausible. What kind of bellend is the sports editor at the Record? How could anyone believe Celtic would pay £8m on a player in today’s market?

I had to do a bit of translation there and was looking to transfer the word “Animals” into Swahili.

According to Google Translate: Animals = Wanyama :smiley: