Celtic 2012/2013 season discussion thread

Thereā€™s a bit of chat in recent days about Mjallby leaving at the end of the season to return to Sweden to try his hand at management. Similar rumours also did the rounds at the same time last year.

Former Wolves and Hull defender Steven Moyokoulo is currently on trial with us, weā€™ve also been linked with a move for Charlie Austin but I canā€™t see us paying Ā£6m for an English lower league player, nor should we be - so Iā€™d imagine that one is a load of rubbish.

I am really dreading the prospect of Doyle in a Celtic shirt next season.

[quote=ā€œIl Bomber Destro, post: 770801, member: 1052ā€]Former Wolves and Hull defender Steven Moyokoulo is currently on trial with us, weā€™ve also been linked with a move for Charlie Austin but I canā€™t see us paying Ā£6m for an English lower league player, nor should we be - so Iā€™d imagine that one is a load of rubbish.

I am really dreading the prospect of Doyle in a Celtic shirt next season.[/quote]
Arenā€™t you a Big Mick fan?

Tottiā€™s sexuality has nothing to do with this.

Doyle let Big Mick down at Wolves and spent most of his final season on the bench, I donā€™t see why Big Mick would return for him.

Of course you wouldnā€™t see it.

He will though.

Hooper being linked with a move to QPR in todays papers.

Leigh Griffiths got a brilliant 35-yard freekick for Hibs in the derby yesterday and the young lad Caldwell took the injury time winner superbly too. Feel a lot more confident about the cup final though having seen Scott Brown make his return to action on Saturday.

Hooper will hardly want to join a Championship team.

The QPR stories seem a bit strange - theyā€™ve a lot of transfer work to do Iā€™d imagine but without knowing who will be leaving it seems premature to be linking them to new signings.

Brown will indeed be crucial to the cup final. The difference he will make over Ambrose in midfield is enormous. I thought Mulgrew looked so much more assured and (strangely) influential when he was restored to centre back. He gets far more time on the ball there so his passing is a better weapon.

Links with Tonev continue. Still nothing from balbec.

I think it is about time you issued an infraction, Rocko.

who?

Bulgarian winger at Lech Poznan.

Poznan play some good stuff. Playing legia in title decider this weekend. Will take a look.

Christophe Berra is available on a free after being released by Wolves. No doubt he will be linked with a move to Celtic

I see we have Daylon Claasen on trial now, Iā€™m very worried about the future of this club if we are targeting players released by Lierse and Wolves. Having watched a YouTube video of Claasen he looks like another Willo Flood.

What time are we on at today & is it on TV?

Celtic are playing very well here in a 4-3-1-2 formation with McCourt flanked by Brown and Ledley, Commons in a free role ahead of them and Hooper and Samaras splitting wide. My streamā€™s just gone but 3 first half goals already from Commons (freekick), Ledley (a Samaras shot hit him and looped into the net!) and Samaras (header from Commons freekick). Commons is causing them all sorts of problems.

Stokes got the fourth a 4-0 win.

Didnā€™t see the second half in the end. Celtic have credited Samaras with two goals so maybe that effort struck one of the United players rather than Ledley. I think only 3 of Commons, Samaras, Stokes and Hooper will start next weekend and I reckon Stokes will probably miss out. Il Bomber will be seething.