Celtic Non-Matchday Discussion

Haksabanovic joined Malmo the other day.

First team players who didn’t have international commitments at the end of last season were back for start of pre-season training during the week.

All fairly quiet on the incomings front. :hushed:

1 Like

No word on other outgoings which is a worry as there’s a lot of deadwood to be moved on e.g Oh, Mikey Johnson, James McCarthy etc. However on the flipside there’s no definite word on Matt OReilly (pictured below in case anyone from Atletico Madrid is reading) going so there’s always that…

Rumor Southampton are in for him.

Kasper Schmeichel set to join. Happy enough with that. An experienced presence.

2 Likes

Very quiet on the incomings for Celtic in this transfer window .

1 Like

It’s starting to feel eerily similar to last season, but did we think it would be any different? Schmeichel to be announced, talk that the Paulo Bernardo deal is close & I reckon they’re confident they’ll get Idah but that may take longer to play out. But that’s essentially replacing Hart and securing last year’s loanees on permanent deals. They’ll still need to add a centre back, a left back, a winger & maybe a central midfielder.

Rodgers is looking at Bosun Lawal in pre-season, Rocco Vata decided to leave at the expiry of his contract (Celtic will get some compensation for that) & Daniel Kelly, the young midfielder who featured off the bench a bit last season, has turned down contract offers so far & is attracting interest from England & Germany. They’ll have to be ready for bids for O’Riley & possibly Hatate too.

2 Likes

Has it ever been home……

I endorse this signing

https://x.com/celticfc/status/1814012401072869833?s=46&t=hLFVM4tcaAF7TEDm5mgJyQ

No “whats the goalie dane”?

Poor

Bernardo deal finally done, according to the usually reliable McGowan in the Daily Mail.

Also says we’re trying to sign Wolves left back Hugo Bueno on a season loan.

Others names mentioned are Idah (obviously), Dara O’Shea & Balikwisha (winger from Royal Antwerp).

Plus ca change.

Very meh. Bernardo is very average at best, I wouldn’t have bothered if we didn’t pursue which is not much of a sign. The biscuit tin mentality is back, only ever happy to try stay a foot or two ahead of sevco

First outfield signing of the transfer window. Bernardo is back.

https://twitter.com/celticfc/status/1819070685483864315?s=46&t=0sQkcb7z4szDmx1-2Xlm0w

1 Like

The Thursday before the league campaign starts. Celtic is not being ran seriously or with any ambition. What do the scouts do? We rely on contacts from the City group, or Rodgers and the players

https://twitter.com/bhoysviews/status/1819132216707846289?t=0AjJ5eNOvBDES06QLrOdMg&s=19

Are there still posters defending the Celtic board’s indifferent, passive attitude to improving the squad?

1 Like

Seemingly so. 2 goalies and Idah were the very bare minimum which should have been wrapped up after the season ended.

Bernardo I don’t care about either way he shouldn’t be a starter, but we farted around withn him long enough, no doubt it’ll be spun as some maverick move now and he’ll probably be the replacement for MOR even though they are completely different players and level of player, he lands the Thursday before the season.

So basically still no starting left back, no centre half, no replacement for MOR’s imminent departure and as of yet we need 2 strikers. And the season starts this weekend and incomings missed pre season.

All allowed by Lawwell’s incompetence and the board’s mismanagement as their whole goal in life is to be one step ahead of a dreadful huns side, by spending no money at all even with millions in the bank and a desperate need to be ready for European qualifiers next Summer. A farcical operation

1 Like

Did I see a story during the week about Hatate and Leicester? It would be peak Celtic to sell Hatate, keep MoR, say it’s a master stroke to keep him despite all the interest…and then sell him in January with the January tax from desperate clubs in the EPL. With everything going on at Sevco Celtic should be bidding them farewell as they focus on Europe but instead keeping one point ahead of them seems to be the goal.

Celtic should just sell Hatate and O’Reilly now.

1 Like

I don’t see anybody defending the Celtic board, their strategy has been preposterous for years (cc @StoneCold).

What the match-going support did in early February (after the absolute seethe somewhat subsided after the January transfer window debacle), was decide to drive the team on nonetheless to secure the title.

A few of us also carried out this role on the INTERNET & played a crucial part in delivering a double that looked unlikely at one stage.

2 Likes

Celtics main aim is to be a point less dreadful than sevco.
Good enough for me tbh, but they’ll get caught at some stage. Idah is odd in that he looks like he has the lot, but he couldn’t get a start for Norwich. I suspect he may have attitude issues on a cold weds night in Dumbarton, but we’ll see. He certainly has big match temperament.