Celtic Non-Matchday Discussion

Scottish Youth Cup Final against the huns is live on YouTube etc tonight.

1 Like

Scott Brown’s appeal against his red card at Ross County is being heard tomorrow.

Real edge of the seat stuff here :joy:

3 Likes

Captain Sam Wardrop has put Celtic one up. Good link up involving Johnston, Aitchison and Miller. Now the latter has just scored after a defensive mix up. 2-0 to Celtic on the stroke of half time.

The Sevconian centre back and keeper who fucked up for the second goal are brothers.

:brendan:

Left back McIlduff with the third for Celtic.

Lovely to see a dour face on Kenny Miller looking on.

1 Like

Brown has won his appeal and will be available for Saturday lunchtime’s fixture at Ibrox.

2 Likes

Surprising outcome, no? Not the worst tackle of all time but it wasn’t a blatantly incorrect decision either. I do think you can tell from the footage that the ref isfl about to book him until they react and then he changes his mind.

1 Like

I think so. The tackle in isolation could be deemed a yellow or red card but once the initial decision was a sending off then I felt there wasn’t compelling grounds to overturn it. Looking at the overall context the referee completely lost control of the game just beforehand after making the horrendous penalty call and tensions were high. I didn’t think they’d be able to take that into account as the tackle is the tackle. The only other factor is whether some of the attempts to halve Celtic players last weekend which were only met with yellow cards were produced by the club to argue that Brown warranted a similar punishment. The refereeing in Scotland is scandalous though whether it’s incompetence and/or bias.

End of season awards tonight:

Academy POTY: Aitchison
Top Goalscorer: Dembélé
Best Goal: Dembélé v St Johnstone
Young Player: Tierney
POTY: Sinclair
Players’ POTY: Sinclair

Bhoys, I just want to clarify my choices for YPOTY and POTY are Dembélé and Brown respectively.

Bhoys, I’m planning on doing the Brendan Rodgers tour in his home village of Carnlough today.

Ah that’s a smashing idea.

Ok mate, I like you but that’s weird

2 Likes

PFA Scotland award nominations were announced earlier.

POTY: Armstrong, Dembélé, Hayes, Sinclair.

YPOTY: Cummings, Dembélé, Roberts, Tierney.

Scott Brown’s exclusion is very surprising. A great achievement for Ireland international Jonny Hayes to be nominated though.

In other news, the Under 20 World Cup starts in mid May and Roberts has been England’s main player in qualifying. He could potentially be called up and miss the cup final. :eek:

Celtic Football Club is delighted today to confirm that Patrick Roberts will be remaining with the Club until the end of the season.

There was an opportunity for Patrick to join the England squad for the forthcoming U20 World Cup Tournament in South Korea but he has decided to remain with the Club so he can be part of Celtic’s remaining League matches and the forthcoming Scottish Cup Final.

Patrick said:

“I have enjoyed my time with Celtic immensely and from day one at the Club it has felt like home. It is a special place and it has been a privilege to be part of the success we have enjoyed.”

“We have had a brilliant season so far and in such a special year for the Club I want to be part of everything here. It is a once in a lifetime opportunity and now I will focus on continuing to do all I can for Celtic.”

“I spoke to the gaffer and this is just something I really wanted to do.”

“I have a great relationship with everyone around the England squad and I wish all the other lads and the management and backroom team the very best for the World Cup in South Korea."

Lustig, Tierney, Armstrong, Brown, Sinclair and Dembélé were selected in the PFA Scotland Premiership Team of the Year today.

Other to make it were Lewis, Logan, McLean, Hayes (all Aberdeen) and Lindsay (Partick).

@Bandage what are the chances of Roberts staying at Celtic beyond this season?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KX5jNnDMfxA

1 Like