Celtic Non-Matchday Discussion

Fascinating article on Della becoming Celtic manager. I’m flagging this as a Rocko Recommended Read™.

1 Like

I read this last night and it shone a light on the Board’s lack of ambition at that time.

Deila standing outside Desmond’s gaff and waiting for him to come back from lunch. :laughing:

Deila being asked if he was ready to become assistant manager and then later being offered the manager job on the back of other targets pulling out. His answers to questions about whether he could handle it weren’t even impressive (“I’ll only know once I experience it”).

We made the CL last 16 in 2012/13 under Lennon (possibly a bit fortunate to do so) but it was fairly inexplicable how we let things drift from a position of strength. It was only a season or two later our squad was sprinkled with absolute dross (Scepovic, Pukki, Amido Balde, Boerrigter etc).

I met a chap for a spot of lunch yesterday and we couldn’t even remember some of these players without taking to wiki to check our squad listing for those seasons.

Seems like a potential tie against Linfield would be held back until Friday 14th July with Celtic shitting it and not taking a ticket allocation.

2017/18 league fixtures have been announced this morning. Celtic’s twitter and website making a point of using the term the “top two” in relation to matches against Aberdeen.

First away game is the Glasgow derby :eek:

Now confirmed as a 5pm kick-off on Friday 14th July if Linfield progress. Celtic have released a statement saying they will not be taking a ticket allocation which is very embarrassing.

Sad state of affairs alright

Club are shutting down the standing section for the next two matches.

Lovely stand off between the Ultras and board now awaits.

Very Calcio.

2 Likes

I’m in the Ultras’ camp here.

2 Likes

Celtic have sent letters to the 900 supporters with season tickets for the Green Brigade section.

Their season tickets have been deactivated for the next two home games and this “precautionary suspension” will be reviewed after that.

The letter also informs them that they’re banned from buying tickets for other areas of the ground or attending away games.

There must be some Scottish wankers in the club behind this. Despicable carry on by Celtic here.

1 Like

What are they rowing about?

Letting off flares and some deadly banners.

they dont like football fans behaving like football fans

Sviatchenko will be out for 6 weeks.

A bit short of centre back options for this CL play-off round now.

Is the Kilmarnock game on tv tomorrow?

No, mate.

Celtic have replaced Jim McGuinness with someone who’s never coached before.

Ex-Celt Shaun Maloney has rejoined the club as a development squad coach.

2 Likes

Armstrong has signed a 2 year contract extension. Odd duration.

Are we likely to be active between now and the end of the month?

Roberts might be back but we look short of cover at left back and could do with another attacking option if Roberts doesn’t return.

I expected it to be 2 years from the end of his previous deal to take him out to 2020 but it’s 2 years from now so it’s effectively a 1-year extension. Smacks a bit of when Petrov signed a new deal before going to the EPL and it suggests that Armstrong will be sold to Swansea or West Brom for £9.5m in January as opposed to £5m now.