Celtic Non-Matchday Discussion

I see he has negotiated a new contract.

Molde Ole Dough.

Today is match day ffs sake

Aidan Nesbitt has signed a new contract.

I’m in the Commons corner in this debacle. He had every right to be fuming.

Deila’s excuse about not wanting to upset the balance of the team is a joke. He has no problem upsetting the balance to accommodate an out of sorts Johansen.

The pressure is beginning to mount on Ronny.

Who are we playing this weekend, lads?

Balamory Cock-A-Leekies or Inverness Hamish McHaggises, is it?

Dundee Utd on Sunday mate.

I don’t Balamory is a real place @Sidney

That’s very disappointing to hear.

Dunmore East is very like it, if you wanted to live the dream.

What’s the story, Dunamory?

1 Like

Commons apologises:

KRIS Commons has today apologised following last night’s UEFA Europa League match against Molde in Norway.

The Celtic midfielder said: “I’d like to apologise for my reaction last night, something that should never be shown publicly on the field.

“I was very frustrated at how the night had gone. However, I did not handle this in the right way. My frustration at losing games and my desire to win will never change.

“I know we are all part of a team at Celtic and I am proud to be part of this team. I want this team to win and I am sure we can come together, work hard and get the results needed to qualify from this group.

“I still have every confidence we can do this and in a fortnight we have the chance to make amends. That’s the motivation now for us all.”

1 Like

Izaguirre missed the match last Sunday after a training ground disagreement with Ciftci:

Deila volunteered the information in his press conference yesterday. Looking to take the heat off himself? Usually these scraps are kept private.

Is tonight’s game on TV, @Rocko?

1 Like

Ciftci is a bit of a cunt.

“Nadir is a very emotional guy and that’s fantastic,” said Deila. “That’s why he’s a good football player. A lot of players here have pride and commitment in the game and I think Nadir has really, really gotten better on the pitch, he works much harder and he’s been very disciplined on the pitch as well. I think he has gone in a very good direction since he came here.

“He has learned. At Celtic, there have not been any incidents on the pitch. He’s been very good and he learns a lot coming to a culture like this.

“He’s learning how to be a professional footballer – and I don’t mean he didn’t at Dundee United. But the culture here is so competitive and so challenging to get into the team and perform. We’re happy with how he is doing.

“He’s a handful because he’s very emotional but a lot of players are like this. But if they cause you problems, then they cause the opponent problems as well.

“For me, there’s not been a problem and he’s wanting to learn, but you need to speak and be close to him. Everyone needs to feel supported and be guided.

“I wasn’t there when the incident with Emilio happened, so I should have sent everybody else in here to talk to you about it! But what I am told happened was a tackle from Emilio in the boxes and then Nadir reacted to that tackle, he thought that was very hard and he tried to get away from it.

“And then he kicked back and he hits his face and he didn’t know that or see that, and he caught his ear. Emilio had to go to the hospital to get a couple of stitches to put it together. There was no purpose in hitting his face. Both are available for the game on Wednesday night.

“It was a tackle which was a little bit too much, then there was a reaction, but Nadir didn’t actually mean to kick him there. It was a bit unlucky but I talked with both players and they have moved on from it.

“It happens in training, the intensity is high. It’s too soon for me to say anything sure about it but it’s nothing big here and I talked to both players and we move on from it.”

Deila welcomes intensity in training but does not encourage the kind of full-blooded challenge which apparently caused Ciftci to react so furiously.

“I don’t want hard tackles in training,” added Deila. “Players should stay on their feet and we talk about that all the time for training.

“But you can stay on your feet and play with a 100 per cent intensity. I don’t want stupid tackles that you might see in a game – that’s to protect each other.

“I said that we have to protect each other but be intense. Sometimes you can’t control it and it gets too much.

“The first thing I said to players when I came here was that we train as we play. Of course we protect each other and things but we need to train at the intensity we have in games.

“When you have so many good players, as we have here, the intensity is sometimes better in training than it is in games because the ‘opponents’ you have here can be better than the ones you face in games. So that’s good. But when you are on the line all the time sometimes you can go a little bit over, like the small incident today.”

Bumped for @Rocko.

I guess not.

Roma and Udinese on BT Sports Europe, pal.

Salah is suspended.

http://cricfree.sx/watch/live/hearts-vs-celtic-live-streaming

1 Like

Jim McGuinness is on The Late Late Show tonight

Good press conference from Ronny today, particularly the second part:

https://vid.me/BolD

https://vid.me/b9OJ