Not a non matchday mate

Do we count friendlies?

Test match.

2 Likes

FB_IMG_1672752500974

2 Likes

weird

1 Like

I know you can take speculation with a pinch of salt but he’s been linked with Barcelona, Atletico Madrid, Chelsea and Manchester United for £20mn in the last six months. Yet now it’s reported he’s on the verge of joining Monza for £7mn. Quite a fall in price and prestige of club but that McGowan in the Scottish Daily Mail is usually fairly well briefed on Celtic transfers.

Release clause I think?

I recall an article that detailed the 34 (thirty-four) clubs Morelos has been linked to, including AC Milan, Dortmund, Atletico Madrid and most of the premier league clubs.
Twitter seems perplexed by this proposed £7m move, some fella has confirmed he has been to watch Monza and they are no better than a midtable SPL side like St Mirren.

Morelos is a fat boy though and most of that was hun cheerleaders talking shite.

Juranovic is a good player so Monza seems an odd one, even taking speculation into account. Maybe the financial package is mad or something. Owned by Berlusconi and yer man Galliani that was Milan CEO under him is now involved there too.

I’d think agents may be able to get any nonsense stories into the Scottish tabloids regardless of what side of the city they are on.
Monza drew 2-2 with Inter at the weekend, with Inter bringing on both Lukaku and Dumfries in search of the winner. I’d imagine if it was St Mirren Inter were playing Inzaghi would surely have been a little more conservative and just been happy to get out of there with a point.

1 Like

I didn’t make the St Mirren comparison and I’m not denying Serie A is much stronger than the SPL. And I think Monza were newly promoted, struggled initially but have had some better results just before the WC and then again at the weekend. No dispute there either. I presume they’re bankrolled by Berlusconi but their status isn’t that of an established Serie A club (still battling relegation) and I thought Juranovic’s next move would be to a better side than them.

1 Like

Yeah I should have been clear there that I wasn’t referring to you, I just enjoy the online commentary from some of the madder areas of the Internet elsewhere on these matters, it’s amazing what people can convince themselves of. I said a few months back that Celtic would be probably happy to make a few million profit and he wouldn’t be difficult to replace, the recent Old Firm seemed to confirm that.

Well he was brutal when he came on at Ibrox so of course he wouldn’t be missed if he was producing that every week. The point is that he’s been very good on the whole with club (bit of a drop off this season compared to last) and country for quite some time and it’s reasonable to think he would go to a better club than Monza. It remains to be seen if McGowan has the inside line in this case.

On the wider point, Celtic need to get better at trading alright. It’s encouraging that Juranovic’s replacement is already signed and starting games and there are some tentative positive signs with the new CEO and since Ange came in. Irish teams playing in Scotland just aren’t going to be able to retain top class players forever, like in bygone years, so you need to be selling lads that want to pursue options elsewhere at peak value (£7mn is too low for Juranovic unless there is a clause in which case it is peak) and have the next young, promising, player ready to go.

There you go …they play serie A in Italy and only in league one in Scotland … case closed .