Celtic Non-Matchday Discussion

As a matter of theoretical interest, would you take shankland?

grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr

https://twitter.com/i/status/1752664865511264257

1 Like

double grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr

Calf again this time, like the August-September absence. Following on from the bad hamstring tear that kept him out since the start of November.

1 Like

Are we collecting crocks these days?

a complete lawell clusterfuck of a club right now

2 Likes

Ridiculous on every level. Tin pot

Loan with no option to buy, it just gets better

The fans will vote with their feet. Not a chance I’ll go to a game between now and end of season .

1 Like

Celtic fans have been en masse demanding the club to show some ambition to initially back Postecoglou and then Rodgers too since his return. Not to just benchmark themselves against the huns but to build a squad that can have an impact at European level on a consistent basis.

These last two transfer windows have been so appalling, it’s doubtful we’re even keeping pace with the huns now. I know we’ve beaten them twice in the league already but it’s hard to argue we’re better equipped to push on for the second half of the season.

Most people wanted additions to last season’s side to kick on. Instead we’ve lost key players without adequately replacing them & failed to strengthen in positions where the incumbents are either in serious decline or not good enough to begin with. Combined with an inability to get players off the books too.

Rodgers himself talked about making an impression in Europe when he returned. He surely didn’t envisage this lack of backing. I see Aberdeen sacked Barry Robson today. Our next two games are away to them & Hibs, & Rodgers has never won at Easter Road. If we win those games then we’ll still be in a strong position, despite another inept transfer window, but the failure to sign first team ready players is putting the league at risk.

I don’t have the INTERNET capacity to follow CL structure & qualification dynamics, financial implications etc but I understand winning the league this season is imperative to get into the revised format of CL that’s coming next season.

Haven’t been following but I thought I heard the whole CL competition was expanding so more teams in it and easier to qualify

You’d like to see a new TFK joiner show some initiative & reply to these posts with the definitive position on this. Really stake a claim to be a reliable source. Kinda like @Aertel220 did on the EPL threads when he joined.

2 Likes

@Big_Dan_Campbell is usually a good man for these type of things if he’d take his beak out of the plate of reindeer hotpot .

Alan Browne linked.

Who next?

Ryan Manning?

Mark Travers?

Jeff Hendrick?

1 Like

Hamish O Jockstrap

Evening update from the Jocko Daily Mail Celtic guy.

Stephen McGowan
JANUARY 31, 2024
CELTIC are poised to sell midfielder David Turnbull to Cardiff City in a deal worth £2million.

The Scottish champions are tying up a loan deal for Norwich City striker Adam Idah and still hope to add a left-back before Thursday’s 11.30pm deadline.

Despite fellow midfielder Reo Hatate limping out of Japan’s 3-1 win over Indonesia in the Asian Cup, however, Turnbull is awaiting the green light to travel to Cardiff to discuss personal terms and undergo a medical.

The Championship club made their move yesterday, with the two clubs now close to agreement on a package worth £2m when add-ons are taken into consideration.

A £3m signing from Motherwell in August 2020, Turnbull is keen to make a last-ditch push for Steve Clarke’s squad for Euro 2024.

Turnbull was nudged out of the starting XI by Paulo Bernardo despite seven goals in 19 appearances, and former Hoops striker John Hartson believes the time is right to go.

Hartson told Go Radio: ‘I think he is (on his way out), also with the resurgence of Bernardo, you have Hatate to come back, O’Riley and McGregor.

‘His game time will just continue to be limited. He is okay when he comes off the bench, and has a few goals. But, in terms of the lad wanting to go out and make a name for himself and build his career again, if you like, I think the best way forward for David Turnbull is to move on because he can’t be guaranteed first-team football.’

Gustaf Lagerbielke is also pushing for a Celtic exit after a loan switch to Lecce stalled amidst concerns over the fitness of fellow defender Cameron Carter-Vickers. The Italian club are now pressing for an answer.

Norwich striker Idah, meanwhile, is undergoing medical tests before signing a loan deal until the end of the season.

The 22-year-old will provide competition and cover for Kyogo Furuhashi and Oh Hyeon-gyu – the latter currently with South Korea at the Asian Cup.

Celtic are also scouring the market for a left-back. An enquiry for Wolves defender Hugo Bueno received little encouragement while agents for 31-year-old PSG left-back Layvin Kurzawa have also flagged up his late availability.

https://x.com/tamseiiicsoniii/status/1752797775341769060?s=46&t=hLFVM4tcaAF7TEDm5mgJyQ

Like I said , they’re signing Hamish O Jockstraps on loan deals.

Turnbull was a good man to come on and nick a goal

Tilio has been sent back to Melbourne City on loan for the second half of the season. Announced overnight & could do with moving another few on too.

Turnbull has a good strike of a ball but he’s not really developed his wider game. A bit lightweight, doesn’t work or run that hard & games against better sides pass him by.