Celtic Non-Matchday Discussion

Desmond cleaning house for his man?

Getting saddled with Kuhn may have been the final straw for carp head.

1 Like

He’ll be worth a serious look at in pre season, would be great if he was ready to make the step up

https://twitter.com/HCfootball01/status/1764050964271497690?t=5JVM4dqIqgwdudh0peUGVQ&s=19

Fcuk that

Bernabei joined some Brazilian outfit on a long term loan today.

2 Likes

Just as well Celtic are well stocked in the left back department…How bad must he have been to say that they will risk Taylor and the lad from youths/b team seeing out the season injury and suspension free.

2 Likes

Inevitable really. Reports of £8m+ are healthy for a player who wasn’t going to play for the club again. But not much use having more money in the bank when we can’t replace him now.

3 Likes

His last minutes in a Celtic shirt will be the cameo at home to Killie where he lost his man for the late equaliser.

https://twitter.com/celticfc/status/1767305596540158347?s=46&t=0sQkcb7z4szDmx1-2Xlm0w

https://twitter.com/aboutceltic/status/1775880563502522777?t=-9uknPoHupanLovK59vhVw&s=19

1 Like

1 Like

https://twitter.com/aboutceltic/status/1776638732042395999?t=cBYIN-o5DXudRr51egWSwA&s=19

Brendan just stretching there after the long drive up from Wilmslow

Daizen Maeda hamstrung & potentially out for the season. Now that’s a blow, his speed & pressing make Celtic a different team. Things had been looking up lately with him on one side & Kuhn & to a lesser extent (definitely not last Sunday anyway) Yang coming into form on the other flank. The goals were starting to flow & things were looking promising with CCV & Hatate back.

Luis Palma is available again but hopefully he won’t take so many touches & slow everything down. Taylor & Palma wasn’t a great combination on the left & I guess Kuhn or Yang can play off the left either.

Also some reports that McGregor isn’t right & not sure if he’ll be featuring tomorrow. Maybe less critical with Hatate back but wouldn’t like to be without him for the run in.

That’s not good at all.

Think Palma has been ok so he’s not a bad player to be starting but we lack options from the bench then. And our defending is so much better with Maeda in the team.

I wouldn’t be starting him but I’d happily see Forrest playing for 25 mins tomorrow. Think he has done well enough recently and more reliable off the bench than Yang.

Apparently McGregor is available & trained all week after looking rusty off the bench at Ibrox.

Scales is out though - not sure what the injury is. He’s been pretty average in the second half of the season tbh.

Agreed on Forrest actually. He’s made some decent contributions off the bench recently but wouldn’t be keen on him starting. Depending on opposition, there’s also option of playing Kyogo or maybe even Idah on the left of a front three but probably more unlikely.

Does this not just make you think how far we have fallen back?

May 4th for the Derby I hear?

I think so. They won’t want it to be later when one or the other could MATHEMATICALLY secure the title with a win.

I predict Celtic’s post split fixtures to assume this order: Killie (a), huns (h), Dundee* (a), Hearts (h), St Mirren (h).

*Hibs could overtake Dundee so we might have to play them away for the third time this season to keep the 19/19 home/away split.

But could they do something tricky like give us Hibs at home & make us go to Tynecastle for the third time? That would probably be harder.

Let’s wait & see though. There’ll be time for conspiracy theories later.

1 Like

Maybe in a way. I look at the positives in him though. He has been a model professional for a long time. He knows his role and has been effective in his recent appearances off the bench. And since Rodgers’ first spell I thought he was our best player at pressing until Maeda (and probably Kyogo came along).

So I don’t really see turning to an experienced player as a negative. He’s in the squad because he can provide cover when we have injuries in wide positions. Which is what we have.