Celtic Transfer Window January 2018 ☘ 🍀 💰 📠 ↔

Compper has officially signed.

1 Like

Morgan supposedly close too but he will see out the season with St Mirren. Hendry is also being strongly linked in a similar deal.

Not sure how good either are.

Morgan certainly looks a done deal based on these quotes from the St Mirren CEO:

ST MIRREN supremo Tony Fitzpatrick insists Celtic will land a £1million player for just £300,000 when they sign Lewis Morgan.

The Scotland Under-21 international midfielder has been strongly linked with a move to the champions next month.

It’s a cut-price deal that is likely to see the highly-rated youngster loaned back to the Saints until the end of the season.

Chief Executive Fitzpatrick said: “Lewis is a really exciting talent, and in normal circumstances, he is a £1million player.

“He’s got two great feet, he’s got pace, he’s exciting and he’s a great lad. When you talk about wanting to be a top player, then he’s a very impressive young man.

“In terms of ability, Lewis is as good as anything at Celtic, if I’m being honest.

“But what you really need, and what lets down a lot of players who go to Celtic, is that mental toughness. Lewis has that.

“He has a real desire in his mind he wants to be a top player and nothing is going to stop him.

“Lewis practices constantly, he lives his life properly off the park and he’s a very grounded boy.

“There’s something different about him, marrying that real desire with that mental strength.

“The kid has put up with a lot. You have to remember that he was discarded by Rangers (sic).

“He was told he was too small to be a football player.

“There will be kids out there getting let go just now and they’ll think their world is over.

“Instead of buckling, Lewis had that belief inside of him to say: ‘No, they are wrong’.

“When we played against Celtic in the Scottish Cup last season, I think Brendan Rodgers was wowed when he saw this kid running at people and his intensity in the game in shutting people down.

“If Celtic do sign him, they’ve got a top young player.”

1 Like

This Compper lad is growing on me.

“I am a Catholic, so I am a better fit for Celtic." :vatican_city:

2 Likes

@Rocko reckons we can’t afford an upgrade on Lustig though.

18m is a disappointing fee. We should have no problem demanding a 25m fee for him, given the current market and EPL spending. Van Dijk and Wanyama have paved the way for us demanding bigger fees in the EPL.

€18m is fuck all these days, thought they’d surely be getting 30

How long has he left on his contract?

Don’t think there’s any truth in this one, bhoys.

I love the conspiracy theory that this is to upset Celtic ahead of meeting Rangers .

75,000,000 x 12.5% = 9,375,000.

Celtic under Rodgers are determined to get full value for players.No more will we let players go on the relative cheap to the EPL.

Nice to get the sell on to add to the 12,000,000 upfront but we should have gotten 40,000,000 for Van Dijk at the time.

Ye will have made a massive share more now than what Liverpool will sell him for in 2 years.

1 Like

This Lewis Morgan chap is apparently having his Celtic medical today. Likely to return to St Mirren on loan until the end of the season.

Some other stuff from recent days:

• Rodgers said he sees Eboue Kouassi as Brown’s long term replacement but Brown’s durability and form means Eboue hasn’t played much. Said he’s considering sending him out on loan. Kilmarnock is a rumoured destination, like Ajer’s deal last winter.

• Simunovic linked with Burnley again.

• Direct quotes from Sviatchenko saying he’s been told to find a new club and he’s looking to get a deal sorted this month.

• Liam Henderson being tracked by Hibs and some Scandinavian clubs. He’s out of contract in the summer.

• Benyu linked with a loan move to Oldham.

• Nothing concrete on Dembélé.

4.5 year deal confirmed and he’ll go back to St Mirren on loan until the end of the season as exclusively revealed above.

Loan confirmed until the end of the season.

“Internationalist”
I hope that’s a misprint.

It isn’t . I

Erik Sviatchenko has joined his old Danish club on loan until the end of the season.

Liam Henderson has signed for Bari on a permanent deal.

Mark Hill has joined St Mirren on loan until the end of the season too.

Any rumours about us signing anybody, bhoys?

Rogic out until March (knee), Compper (calf) and Armstrong (hernia) both out for a month too. No sign of @Rocko, @thedancingbaby or @Little_Lord_Fauntleroy revealing any imminent signings either.