☘ Celtic transfer window summer 2019

He’s also an agent to Arzani and to a couple of other Celtic players I think. (And Adam Matthews!)

1 Like

2 Likes

Tierney close to Arsenal? :worried:

Surely celtic board would be itching to get this move over the line? Circa £25m for a homegrown player is gold dust to them. What would they make from reaching champs lge group stages?

It’s an insult for a player of Tierney’s calibre and the fees English clubs are bandying about. Arsenal are paying £30m odd for some youth prospect they will loan out next year who has only 16 senior games under his belt.

Celtic should have told them £40m or do one.

An 18 year old Serbian centre back is the latest name being linked. His second name is Pavlovic and Lennon was at the Partizan game he played in last night. He seems to highly rated and Juve were poised to sign him for €8m a few months back.

This looks like an exciting move on the face of it.

That’s the type of signing Celtic should be after. They are essentially a selling club and should adapt the policy of Ajax/Porto of targeting young players with an upside.

1 Like

please see my assessment of him earlier
He is not a RFB and never a winger
Do you remember that video of the high lights i shared of Cluj Narcopia vs MTA wednesday
watch the Cluj goal - that’s what you are in for here
Andy Herzog gave him his first cap at 28 - FFS - look there was the positive discrimation thing going on obviously in israeli football with the NT where they always try to keep 4 to 5 arabs in the side after the Kenny Saief defection to the US but this lad is clean useless

Rocky Marciano is the only decent player Dahan bought in ( plus his wife has a great twitter page)
Bitton really impressed at the euro u21s in 2013 but he never kicked on really - even in israel he was unproven - he only played with MS Ashdod and has never really featured in the national team
i think he’s done

1 Like

Jack Hendry linked with a loan move to Hull. Kouassi with a loan move to Panathinaikos. What a waste of money those guys were.

Ambrose was actually fine for Celtic until the Juventus game after the ACN. He was playing consistently well before that tournament.

I think Bitton was fine for the money. Kayal was very good for a while and never really got his form back after injury. They all made a reasonable impact. Apart from Gershon. And anyone else I’ve forgotten.

Bit harsh on Kouassi with a combination of a mid season arrival to a new league and injuries.

It was a fairly significant outlay for us. It might be that he’s been unlucky but we’ve had no value from him at all.

We should never have spent money on Hendry. Can’t say the same about Kouassi as definitively. But it hasn’t worked out.

What was Kouassi?

£2.5m. Not a great deal. I’m happy for us to take speculative punts on young talents for around that figure. Some will work out, some won’t.

Kouassi is still only 21 also.

More like £3m.

Yeah that’s why I’m saying it wasn’t necessarily the wrong thing to do. But it hasn’t turned out well at all.

Dudu Dahan. :clap::clap::clap:

1 Like

What kind of a wage would them boys be on at Celtic ??

Under 10k I expect.

Two youth signings in recent days

CELTIC Football Club is delighted to announce that it has agreed terms with Tobi Oluwayemi, who has agreed a three-year contract to join the Club, subject to international approval.

Initially, the plan is for Tobi to join the Reserve Team Squad, with a view to working towards the First Team.

16-year-old Tobi, is a young highly-rated goalkeeper, who has been with Tottenham Hotspur and is a player who has represented England at every international age group so far.

Tobi said: "I am delighted to be joining Celtic, it really is a dream come true and a massive opportunity for me.

"I know Karamoko very well and he has told all about Celtic, the size of the Club, the great supporters and the Club’s tradition for giving young players an opportunity.

“I am very excited about this move and I will be working hard, giving everything to the Club to progress and make the most of this great opportunity.”

CELTIC Football Club are delighted to announce that it has agreed terms with talented young player, Leo Hjelde, who has agreed a three-year contract to join the club, subject to international approval.

Initially, the plan is for Leo to join the Reserve team squad, with a view to working towards the first-team.

Leo Hjelde, who is 16 this summer, will be joining Celtic from Rosenborg, and is a highly-rated left-sided centre-back and has represented his country at Under-16 level. Leo’s father Jon, was also a centre-back and during his career played with both Rosenborg and Nottingham Forest.

Leo said: “It is a real honour to join Celtic, I had a number of options in front of me, but I know that Celtic is the right place for me. I have had the opportunity to speak to many people within the club, including the manager, Neil Lennon, and that has been fantastic.

“I know that the club will provide me with the best pathway for my future and I am really looking forward to the next few years of my career at such a fantastic club."

1 Like