Celtic Transfers Summer 2010

Ledley is in Glasgow to sign.

http://www.snspix.com/image/3671047_3671047.jpg

:clap:

Is tht Joe Ledley Rocko? If so a good siging for Celtic.

It is indeed. Free agent to sign for Celtic but would cost money to go to an English (or Welsh) team. Think he’d be a cracking signing alright.

Yep Id be liking that signing

What a fucking coup to beat Roma and Real Madrid to this signing. Well played Lenny.

will be a great signing.

shows the cold wind blowing that lawell was talking about.

A few years ago if stoke or another mid table epl team went in for someone we would lose out.

now we are able to sign these guys like bullard etc. the financial gap albeit the top 6or7 is getting shorter

I can exclusively reveal that Joe Ledley signed for Celtic tonight after successfully completing a medical. He joins on a 4-year contract, with an option for a further year, from Cardiff City on a Bosman free transfer and will be in our top wage category of Stg£25,000 per week. Neil Lennon’s persuasive power on Ledley’s two trips to Glasgow over the summer to see the ground, training complex, view houses and so on was key to the successful resolution from Celtic’s point of view. He turned down Stoke City, AS Roma and late interest from Liverpool.

Well to Celtic, Mr Joe Ledley. :clap:

The press conference will probably take place tomorrow.

the black van bommell…slightly dirtier…cracking addition if he signs…

sure would :lol: - he is better than Brown. Another ex Villa reject would fit in well too.

Great to see the excitement of Glasgow Celtic in the signing of a player from the English second tier. The heady days are not far off now you would imagine.

Ledley = The King

Have I told you Ledley that I love you?

Bullard and Ledley to be paraded tomorrow. :clap:

Campbell talking to Sunderland but expected to still sign for Celtic.

I’m not expecting Boateng to sign. Bullard and Ledley are both better than him anyway and the N’Guemo deal isn’t dead in the water according to Lennon - just no fee agreed and Celtic won’t be paying the current asking price.

Still short another centre half (even with Campbell), a full back and a classy striker in the Bellamy/Keane/Biggins mould.

Boruc,
Rogne, Campbell, Hooiveld,
Du-Ri, Bullard, Ledley, Mulgrew,
McGeady,
Keane, Bellamy.

McGeady in the hole. Probably his best position in fairness…

Indeed.

I’ve actually updated the team and marked world class players in ‘bold’:

Boruc,
Rogne, Campbell, Hooiveld,
Du-Ri, Bullard, Ledley, Mulgrew,
McGeady,
Keane, Bellamy.

Not bad. Not sure about Mulgrew’s athleticism on the left but there’s the makings of a good team there. Just need five of those to put pen to paper and ensure we don’t lose anyone else.

Ki, Maloney, Forrest, Brown etc on the bench too.

I forgot about Ki.

At least one of those Twardzik twins is going to come through this season - I predict huge things for those lads.

I can’t wait for this season to start. First team squad flying out to the USA on Monday for the pre-season tour, only 3 weeks to the Emirates Cup.

Lovely.

Campbell has now asked Celtic to match Sunderland’s GBP£55k per week offer. :lol:

mcgeady wants to leave that pisspot of a club. (celtic) someone like bolton will probably sign him as its about the level of celtics ‘best player’

Are Celtic going to sign Keane? Harry says there will be no loan deal I thought?

I can confirm celtic will not be signing Robbie Keane.