Celtic Transfers Summer 2010

I have already exclusively confirmed the Charlie Mulgrew, Sol Campbell and Jimmy Bullard (loan) signings.

I am now in a position to exclusively reveal that the South Korean right back Cha Du-Ri, my player of the World Cup so far, will be joining Celtic this week from SC Freiburg on a Bosman free transfer.

Welcome to Celtic one and all. :clap:

:clap:

A korean right back is exactly what we need.

Campbell was at Celtic Park today anyway.

http://www.snspix.com/image/3664441_3664441.jpg

I was reading comments on other Celtic sites from German based members of the Irish diaspora about Cha Doo Ri / Cha Du Ri. The general consensus is that he’s fairly shit. He was a striker with a 1 in 4 record in the second tier in German football before being converted a wing back in a three centre back system and not impressing there either. He’s belatedly become a full back and looks better, albeit not great. He was born in Germany, as his father was a German based Korean international.

I’d be very happy with Sol Campbell signing.

Yeah he doesn’t seem to be that highly rated at all. Freiburg’s second worst player last season according to Kicker the German football bible. He seemed to have a run of form at the start of the season but disimproved since then.

Ex Fermanagh manager?

I thought he was in charge of St.Eunans,Letterkenny these days??

daryll murphy would be a strange signing i think…he’s a lazy cunt which will put him on a collision
course straight away with Lennon…he’ll score a few early goals and then just take the nfoot off the pedal…

anyone that has any sort of a good wc wont be joinig a pisspot of a club like celtic.(as much chance of them joining home farm)

McManus on his way to Boro permanently it seems. And there’s a fee involved which is fantastic news. And that fee is apparently £2.5m which sounds far too good to be true.

Charlie MULGREW has SIGNED and will be unveiled tomorrow.

Yeeeeeeeeeessssssssssssssss. :clap:

Campbell reckons he might take a month to decide on his future. Fuck that.

McManus has captained Celtic, he’s captained his country and he’s been a central defender on a team that progressed to the latter Champions League stages twice in two years so Stg£2.5m appears quite low.

On the other hand, McManus is utter shite so £2.5m is robbery.

Re Campbell, there’s quotes from him about not deciding on his future until after his wedding but I think Celtic still expect a positive answer before then. I think he would be a good signing but I wouldn’t be keen on allowing him a month to make his mind up. We should give him a deadline because we need to pursue other targets if needs be. He’s been a bit unpredictable in terms of transfers (joining Arsenal from Spurs, persuading Arsenal to release him on a free as he wanted to go abroad before joining Portsmouth instead, deciding to join Notts County) so he’s probably unreliable in that sense and we need to have alternative plans.

Is he marrying a woman?

So I was 10 days ahead of the official ‘signing’ day for this one.

All I’ll say now is, Welcome back to Celtic one Craig Bellamy. :clap:

+1

great news

Magnificent news indeed - not just a great player but a super guy too by all accounts and as we saw when he was with us before. :clap:

If you had offered me a few weeks ago two ex-Celtic players to return to the club I’d have definitely picked Mulgrew and Bellamy.

George Boateng in Glasgow for talks today apparently. He’s 34 and on a Bosman after leaving Hull.

http://files.stv.tv/img/articles/185530-george-boateng-in-glasgow-for-celtic-talks-410x230.jpg

5 triallists at Celtic this week.

Ledley is also in discussions apparently.

George Boateng is one of my favourite players.