Celtic Transfers Summer 2014

Martin Odeagaard is a 15 year old central midfielder who played a few games for Deila at Stromsgodset. We’re already being linked with him. I had a look at his youtube video and wasn’t overly impressed but had no idea he was only 15 when I watched it. Looks a decent prospect anyway, Ronny has previously stated he could become the best player in the world.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1rAUls8rEYs

Craig Gordon also in talks as we discussed elsewhere. Given the fact he has been training at Celtic and may have completed a medical, it looks fairly likely that he’ll end up signing. Really hope this is just cover and not a straight replacement for a departing Forster.

[QUOTE=“Rocko, post: 956493, member: 1”]Martin Odeagaard is a 15 year old central midfielder who played a few games for Deila at Stromsgodset. We’re already being linked with him. I had a look at his youtube video and wasn’t overly impressed but had no idea he was only 15 when I watched it. Looks a decent prospect anyway, Ronny has previously stated he could become the best player in the world.

Craig Gordon also in talks as we discussed elsewhere. Given the fact he has been training at Celtic and may have completed a medical, it looks fairly likely that he’ll end up signing. Really hope this is just cover and not a straight replacement for a departing Forster.[/QUOTE]

Would be a huge risk on Celtic’s part to bring a goalkeeper in that has barely played in 4 years whose career looked to have been ended by injury. I always found him overrated and a cunt as well which probably skews my view on that deal.

What areas do we need to address?

Attack - I am happy enough here. Maybe a few wide options could come in and I think Celtic should cut their losses on Boerrigter and Balde. I would be more inclined for Ronny to give Pukki a chance.

Midfield - Happy enough here as well, would maybe like one or two promising players in to strengthen the area. Again it will be interesting if a new manager might be able to get the best out of Kayal, the fact you said he plays a high pressing game may mean a lot for someone like Kayal if Ronny can get his head straight. We also have young Henderson and the likes of McGregor and Irvine back from loans though McGregor may be better utilised in attack.

Defence - I would like another centre half brough in, two if Van Dijk leaves. I’d also like some genuine cover at left back, someone who can push Izzy and keep him at his best form as I’ve found he is someone who can become quite complacent.

Goalkeeper - No need for any changes here unless Forster leaves.

I’m really looking forward to the new season now. The promise of exciting attacking football played at a high tempo and a fresh manager who will give certain players a chance that they didn’t receive before as well as hopefully playing players in their best positions excites me.

[QUOTE=“Il Bomber Destro, post: 956523, member: 2533”]Would be a huge risk on Celtic’s part to bring a goalkeeper in that has barely played in 4 years whose career looked to have been ended by injury. I always found him overrated and a cunt as well which probably skews my view on that deal.

What areas do we need to address?

Attack - I am happy enough here. Maybe a few wide options could come in and I think Celtic should cut their losses on Boerrigter and Balde. I would be more inclined for Ronny to give Pukki a chance.

Midfield - Happy enough here as well, would maybe like one or two promising players in to strengthen the area. Again it will be interesting if a new manager might be able to get the best out of Kayal, the fact you said he plays a high pressing game may mean a lot for someone like Kayal if Ronny can get his head straight. We also have young Henderson and the likes of McGregor and Irvine back from loans though McGregor may be better utilised in attack.

Defence - I would like another centre half brough in, two if Van Dijk leaves. I’d also like some genuine cover at left back, someone who can push Izzy and keep him at his best form as I’ve found he is someone who can become quite complacent.

Goalkeeper - No need for any changes here unless Forster leaves.

I’m really looking forward to the new season now. The promise of exciting attacking football played at a high tempo and a fresh manager who will give certain players a chance that they didn’t receive before as well as hopefully playing players in their best positions excites me.[/QUOTE]
In attack it depends whether his 4-3-3 depends on a natural central striker to lead the line. If it does, we need one.

Kayal won’t be able to play as a holding player but may get a nee lease of life as a box to box player. We have 3 good options in Brown, Johansen and Biton. Hard to see Mulgrew playing there much unless he can be coached into being a holding defensive midfielder.

We don’t really have central defensive cover since Mouyokoulo got injured though I’d expect Mulgrew to play there more often. Ambrose’s willingness to play every single game masked the fact we were a bit short there. I wonder if we’d look at Hangeland who is without a club.

@Rocko, anything to this Julian Schieber talk?

I hope not.

He’s not awful or anything but he’s a one-footed luxury type striker who doesn’t score enough goals and hasn’t played enough games at this stage of his career. I’d say he’ll be leaving Dortmund alright and you could see why we’d be interested - particularly if he was to play as the left striker in a 3. I guess he wouldn’t be too dissimilar to Samaras and possibly a bit more consistent but not as awkward to play with or against.

It’s been a very quiet summer so far with not many names being paired with us until this morning.

Sheffield United pair Harry Maguire and Stefan Scougall have been linked. Maguire is a young defender and Scougall is a young attacking midfielder. I’ve watched videos of each on YouTube. Maguire looks really slow and immobile and Scougall is one of the slightest players I’ve ever seen and looks like a gust of wind could blow him over. I don’t think either are anywhere near the standard we need. Scougall also grew up as a huns fan and previously played for Livingston.

The other link is Rosenborg’s American midfielder Mikkel Diskerud. He is 23 and currently with the USA at the World Cup. Having watched a compilation on YouTube I feel he is a very well rounded player with very good basic technical skills and would be pleased to see us add him to our ranks.

[QUOTE=“Il Bomber Destro, post: 968719, member: 2533”]It’s been a very quiet summer so far with not many names being paired with us until this morning.

Sheffield United pair Harry Maguire and Stefan Scougall have been linked. Maguire is a young defender and Scougall is a young attacking midfielder. I’ve watched videos of each on YouTube. Maguire looks really slow and immobile and Scougall is one of the slightest players I’ve ever seen and looks like a gust of wind could blow him over. I don’t think either are anywhere near the standard we need. Scougall also grew up as a huns fan and previously played for Livingston.

The other link is Rosenborg’s American midfielder Mikkel Diskerud. He is 23 and currently with the USA at the World Cup. Having watched a compilation on YouTube I feel he is a very well rounded player with very good basic technical skills and would be pleased to see us add him to our ranks.[/QUOTE]
Can’t motivate myself to watch videos of the first pair. I guess the centre back might at least mature into something. A diminutive Scot who hasn’t had much of an impact at a host of lowly clubs is not exactly exciting. Hope it’s just lazy links because Collins had a role with Livingston.

The American lad might at least have something about him.

[QUOTE=“Rocko, post: 968741, member: 1”]Can’t motivate myself to watch videos of the first pair. I guess the centre back might at least mature into something. A diminutive Scot who hasn’t had much of an impact at a host of lowly clubs is not exactly exciting. Hope it’s just lazy links because Collins had a role with Livingston.

The American lad might at least have something about him.[/QUOTE]

Diskerud is apparently available on the cheap as his contract expires in December.

Is Mouyokolo out of contract or has he another year left?

Don’t know, pal.

Out of contract (in a few days).

Will hardly be renewed so? Is he back at training?

Don’t know. He was back training at the end of the season I think but he’ll hardly be given a new deal. Could see him training for a while to try and earn a new contract or to return to fitness anyway.

Without anyone leaving I feel we could do with a left back to challenge Izzy, a centre back to challenge Ambrose/Mulgrew and a midfield destroyer to alternate with Biton in anchoring the midfield. We will need to move on some players in attack before looking to bring in players there.

Craig Gordon is reported to be signing for Celtic on a 2-year deal tomorrow.

[QUOTE=“Rocko, post: 956493, member: 1”]Martin Odeagaard is a 15 year old central midfielder who played a few games for Deila at Stromsgodset. We’re already being linked with him. I had a look at his youtube video and wasn’t overly impressed but had no idea he was only 15 when I watched it. Looks a decent prospect anyway, Ronny has previously stated he could become the best player in the world.

Craig Gordon also in talks as we discussed elsewhere. Given the fact he has been training at Celtic and may have completed a medical, it looks fairly likely that he’ll end up signing. Really hope this is just cover and not a straight replacement for a departing Forster.[/QUOTE]

Big Ron talked about this lad today and said he’s not outwith our range but also stated that he isn’t ready for Celtic yet and we may move for him in the future. Craig Gordon signed a two year deal today and has jetted out to Austria with the rest of the squad.

Wingers would seem to be a priority, Forrest picked up an injury and is now out for some time, Big Ron had this to say: “We don’t have so many options in terms of wingers. That is maybe the thing we have to look for first. Last season a lot of midfielders were used in wide positions. Finding another winger is some-thing we will look at.” Great stuff - it seems like Ronny isn’t one of the those managers who likes to put square pegs in round holes - it would also tend to suggest that Boerrigter has a future here.

Iraqi media (!) are linking us with an official bid for 18 year old international Humam Tariq. Deila has also said there’s still a chance Sammy might be returning.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EwGCR80TKkQ

Javier Aquino to Celtic on loan?

Saw it rumoured earlier. ESPN are now running with it in Spain. Villarreal seem to have an issue with the number of non EU players in their squad.