Robson
Crosas
N’Guemo
McGeady

McDonald
Samaras

Zhi unlucky to lose out to Robson IMO.

0-0 so far.

http://www.ustream.tv/channel/scottish-league—serie-a—spanish-primera-divisi%C3%B3n#flashWrapper

One nil. Lovely ball by N’Guemo I think to pick out a cracking run from Hinkel. German lad squared it first time to McDonald who couldn’t miss.

Another assist for Hinkel who’s been very important in an attacking sense this season.

Superb goal, think it was Crosas with the ball from midfield, then one touch low bullet cross from Hinkel for McDonald to finish. McDonald is one player that must stay during the window.

Yeah they fairly look alike those two. Just couldn’t remember who hit it. Nice goal though and that’s the sort of swift attacking we need to improve on in the SPL to break slow games apart.

It was an identical goal to Frank McAvennie’s first in the 2-0 New Year win back in '88.

McDonald is still the only thing Celtic have resembling a reliable golscorer, although Samaras is looking lively enough again today, been in reasonable form of late.

[quote=“sid waddell”]It was an identical goal to Frank McAvennie’s first in the 2-0 New Year win back in '88.

McDonald is still the only thing Celtic have resembling a reliable golscorer, although Samaras is looking lively enough again today, been in reasonable form of late.[/quote]

He’s a frustrating lad is McDonald but you’re right, he’s the only goalscorer we have. Sammy has his moments but he can have weeks of ineffectiveness. Fortun looks like he’s never taken a shot before and Killen, well I just hope he gets himself a move for the World Cup.

I think we should ultimately be hoping for a better player than McDonald but in fairness to him when Celtic were playing well under Strachan he was playing well. His size means he doesn’t get to dictate games but if we’re playing decent football he’ll get goals, he’s just not going to turn games on his own for us the way Larsson/Sutton/even Hartson could.

This could be 3 decent performances in a row if we do well in the second half. Probably the first time that’s happened under Mowbray (or since August anyway).

Ah quality from McGeady.

Easy header for Sammy. Came from McGeady dancing past a couple and getting hacked down by Young in the first place. Couple of phases later and Aiden’s dancing again and that was just a perfect cross to Sammy.

2-0 and going well.

Samaras 2-0 now.

How are they playing so far in the second half?

3-0 Samaras

I’m flicking between links Bandage so hard to tell but look to be completely dominating. Sammy had a good shot saved a while back and Aberdeen are down to 10 men.

And now 3.

Skippy goal:

http://tinypic.com/player.php?v=256rcbo&s=6

Sammy’s first goal:

http://tinypic.com/player.php?v=2hpqa6v&s=6

Just in and slow internet connection so no point starting up one of the streams. McDonald and Samaras seem to be playing more as a partnership lately and we look better for it. Some positive signs in the last few games and this would be two clean sheets in a row - I read during the week that Celtic have conceded more goals than any other top six side. Better balance to the midfield with Crosas and N’Guemo playing together. Overall, I’ve been disappointed that Crosas hasn’t stamped more passing authority on games but he seems to have instigated the first goal and any bit of passing is better than having two cloggers in there.

Sammy’s second goal:

http://tinypic.com/player.php?v=15rdzrk&s=6

Yeah you have to see Crosas for what he is, not for what we hoped he would be. So he’s not stamping his class all over these games but at the same time there’s just no comparison in composure between himself and Brown. We seem to have finally decided on what we believe to be our best partnerships everywhere, I’d say only Robson’s really under threat from Maloney and Zhi from the current squad.

With the 2-0 win over Hapoel during the week and now this it looks like Celtic are about to turn their recent poor form around,hopefully so lets wait and see!

Yeah, he’s limited the changes over the last three games and things have been better. Still, the three wins have all come at home so they need to continue the recent improvement away from home.