Celtic v Aberdeen ☘

CCV back in training this week but not ready to feature. Taylor’s also injured but due back next weekend. Aside from that last Hatate/Bernardo midfield slot decision, the team kinda picks itself based on who’s available. Looking forward to this one, Aberdeen have won all 7 league games this season too.

Hhhhaaaatttaaatttteeeee

Kkkkyyyoooogggggoooooo

Is Cillian Sheridan a bit of a cabbage?

That was a very good performance in the first half.

1 Like

Good half from Celtic. Aberdeen aren’t a bad side. Their next two games will be interesting to see the gulf between Celtic and the rest of the league.

First goal was sublime. Kuhn, Engels, Kyogo & smashing finish by Hatate. Celtic have pace & quality to hurt teams when they can break on them.

Rodgers sending 6 & 7 players charging into the Dortmund defensive third to aggressively press them obviously backfired hugely but this Celtic side COULD trouble good teams away from home in Europe if they set up to maintain a solid defensive shape & played a counter attacking style.

But let’s not get ahead of ourselves, work still to do here.

https://twitter.com/tamseiiicsoniii/status/1847651867938988240?s=46&t=hLFVM4tcaAF7TEDm5mgJyQ

Someone’s been in the drinks cabinet again

That’s far too easy a pass to play in behind

2-1

FFS sake

Sloppy from Maeda there. That’s really poor.

Haven’t finished our chances either.

Fucking hell

Uh oh

That was some game.

Terrible second goal in particular to give away. Created lots and lots of chances and just weren’t clinical enough.

Fair play Aberdeen, despite the ref giving celtic every chance to score

Jamie mcgrath with 2 assists. Surprised he doesn’t more game time with Ireland.

That was some onslaught late on & quite incredible that Celtic didn’t score from one of several close run things. I tonight yer man at the very end blocked it with his hand first onto his body.

Brilliant pass by McGrath for the first Aberdeen goal. Maeda was absolutely brutal today & that was really sloppy from him for the second goal. The deflection was unlucky but you need to make them work to get level rather than hand it to them. I’ll let him off because of the travel back from Japan & he’s been very good this season up to now.

Scales was done by the through ball for the first goal but he was solid otherwise. The rest of the back four were up & down & I’m not sure about Trusty & Valle yet. Valle looks like a Spanish Jordi Alba sometimes but a headless chicken on other occasions.

McGregor has scored some eye catching goals from distance this season but I’m noticing a slight decline in general play. He’s getting dispossessed a bit & teams are breaking through the midfield at times.

Really should have been winning that game from 2-0 up at half time but a cracking contest all the same.

1 Like

McGregor can’t be near the team if that’s the way they want to play . He’s a turnstile when Celtic attack breaks down in them situations,just gets ran over.