Celtic v Bayer Leverkusen

To the NFL betting thread you goā€¦

Bengals cover at their leisure!

its a strange reference point, a real footix comment

1 Like

The Hoops are Hulaing.

If Celtic go out of this competition will Liam Scales be the first ever player to exit 3 European competitions in 1 season ???

Celtic 0-4 Leverkusen. FT.

A lot of work to do for Ange. I donā€™t think heā€™ll sacrifice his principles but itā€™s a quandary because the centre backs arenā€™t good enough to marshal a defence and lead a team playing a high line. It will be a boost to get Jullien back but he may not be the answer either.

We also have deficiencies in midfield, and elsewhere too in fairness. But we play some good stuff and created a lot of chances tonight. Itā€™s not quite Tony Mowbrayesque but we canā€™t keep losing cheap goals from sloppy mistakes in a generally loose defensive structure.

Iā€™d like to see Scales start on Sunday. Montgomery was given a torrid time tonight after a decent opening.

Lennon has some neck casually doing analysis

2 Likes

no

2 Likes

That was very disappointing.

I thought Starfelt did ok at the back. He covered a fair bit for Montgomery who was all over the place unfortunately. And CCV is a shambles on the ball ad he was for the first goal. Starfelt and Welsh until Jullien is back for me. And Scales canā€™t be worse than Montgomery. He had no belief or confidence tonight and we couldnā€™t find him when he drifted inside because he was standing still off the ball.

Rogic and Turnbull had a little competition to see who couple play worse. Neither were close to the standard required. The first goal error from Turnbull was ridiculous and his passing was crap. Even his set pieces are gone to shit. Rogic was way off his game again. Sloppy touches and left every pass short. Itā€™s a shambles that we have no cover for either of them.

Pity Kyogo didnā€™t take one of his chances but heā€™s missed a few games and we create so many more chances with him than with anyone else playing through the centre.

4 Likes

Carter horse.
Should have seen red last week when he clattered the Dundee lad. As inexplicable a non penalty award as Iā€™ve seen, and as clumsy a clod of a challenge.
He looks like the kind of central defender that Salford went through about six of.

2 Likes

This bhoy generally has a good take on things.

Translation: he often shares the same opinions as me on Celtic.

Duffy looks a good player again in the EPL.
Enough said.

1 Like