Celtic v Hearts

Jooohhhnnnsssttoonnnnn

Lovely goal

Bain getting his mistakes out of the way hopefully.
1-1

Jesus Toljan is woeful.

Burke just went 45 minutes without touching the ball from what I could see. Incredible lack of awareness.

Good 45 minutes from Johnston.

Young Dembele on

1 Like

Jjjjooohhhnnssstttooonnnnn

Another terrific goal. He’s been excellent today.

Watched the highlights there on YouTube and he looks to have had some game alright.

Dembele also seemed to have some great moments as well when he came in and Henderson grabbed an assist.

Difficult to know what to do next regarding Johnston, should he be loaned out for regular football or can he make a big impact in the first team next year. He has 5 goals in 18 SPL games which is very good for a guy who would not have had much of a run of games together and cumulative minutes but I’d still like to loan him out to a Hibs/Aberdeen/Kilmarnock/Motherwell and see how he does as a regular and what kind of figures he returns in goals and assists playing week in, week out. Loan spells seemed to have greatly helped both Ajer and Christie in recent seasons.

I think I’d keep Henderson at the club next season, I don’t think he’d be guaranteed regular football in the SPL right now and probably will best served with some fleeting first team minutes and just bulking up physically.

I don’t think there’s any need to rush Dembele yet, he still has a long way to and plenty of time on his side.

We’ve a bloated squad but there are guys there on the back of injury problems/form that I wouldn’t want to give up on just yet. I’d send the likes of Hendry, Kouassi and Morgan out on loan if just to bump up their value, probably Johnston too as I think he could do with the regular gametime as this stage, he is ready to play on a consistent basis but there’s guarantees at Celtic regarding that.

Izzy, Gamboa, Lustig, Boyata, Allan, Benkovic, Toljan and Burke will probably all leave and I’d like to see Hayes, Mulumbu, Compper and Sinclair move on too.

That would leave us very light in defence numberwise but reasonably ok in midfield and attack.

We will need two centre backs and a right back as priority for next season. I think we also need some decent cover for Tierney at left back. I’m not sold on Bain either, he’s decent but if we could I’d prefer a new keeper in.

I’m happy enough with the options in midfield, Bitton is back after a long layoff so hopefully he can add to the team next season, we’ll need much more from Rogic and Ntcham. I’d like to see one new face in, someone who can bring a bit of aggression and control to the midfield area as Brown is in decline.

Attacking wise we’re not too bad - Arzani should be back and Shved will arrive. I think we need a big signing in for the left side of the front 3 as Sinclair is done and Arzani/Johnston are too much of an unknown yet. I’ve heard a lot about us targetting strikers in the summer but I think we have much more pressing issues, Edouard, a returning Griffiths and Bayo having now had more time to settle in should be reasonable enough for the time being.

The wage bill should be significantly reduced with all the likely departures so there should be no excuses on the board’s front.

2 Likes

Boyata has signed a pre-contract with Hertha Berlin.

Is that good or bad? I can’t keep up.

Good - he’s a donkey

Just saw highlights of Dembele’s cameo, while he looks like a very lively player with bags of skill he is still very small and slight for his age. Would be kicked to pieces over the winter in Scotland at this stage