Celtic v Raith ☘

Jota the gamechanger again

Bbbbiiitttooonnnnn.

He doesn’t miss those in fairness.

1 Like

Forrest was also absolutely hopeless yesterday. I’m not sure when he’s out of contract but I don’t think I’d be offering him another one. An injury prone, ageing, wide player who’s becoming less effective over time.

It’s a bit of a vicious cycle/circle (is this a term?) with Mikey Johnston. His displays don’t warrant a concerted run in the team so he’s not used to the pace/intensity Ange wants Celtic to play at. He keeps picking injuries when he’s given opportunities, maybe because his body hasn’t adapted/can’t cope with the demands. But, like I say, we can’t just give him 10-15 starts in a tight league if he’s not producing.

I think it’s Jota, Abada, Maeda and Forrest in that order for the wide attacking roles now. Maeda’s pressing and work rate from the front very apparent when he came on yesterday again. His flexibility should be useful over the remainder of the season.

Forest has lost his oomph since his injury

He strikes me as one of those players who has never gotten cuter as he got older …it’s like he’s learnt nothing in 12 years …

i think his game was based on speed and being dynamic

he never had to learn anything else & is goosed now that his pace may be gone

1 Like

That’s the point , you’d think he would have come to that conclusion himself and tried to adapt but anytime I’ve seen him he’s trying to do the same thing as he’s always done …

1 Like

He was hopeless yesterday and hasn’t played well for Celtic this season, though not helped by injuries. And clearly nobody really played well last season.

I did think he had added a bit more to his game though. He was more effective coming inside and getting goals and looked like he’d mature as a player a couple of years back.

But he hasn’t been good, and is fourth choice by a distance and it’s hard to see him improving much.

1 Like