Celtic v Raith ☘

Scales, Bitton, Forrest and Johnston come in.

Welsh also starting. Missed that. Wonder if we’ll see Jullien at some stage.

We could be a couple of goals up here - just not falling for us in their Bix.

GG with a knock. Hope he’s ok.

Sccccaaaallllleeeeeessssss

Sssccccaaalllleeesssssssss

Super strike.

Tremendous strike by the Irishman. Good play by Rogic to find him in space.

1 Like

Celtic not taking this seriously. Few of the subs doing fancy dress behind Ange.

Mikey giving the ball away every time he gets it.

Mediocre half. Started brightly but really dropped off.

We’ve an awful lot of play through our left. Means Rogic hasn’t been involved enough and Forrest has been anonymous. Mikey doesn’t release the ball quickly enough. He’s had some nice tricks and beaten his man once or twice only to drill his cross into the next guy.

I think Welsh doesn’t vary his play as well as Starfelt. He gave it away a few times early on but even since then he just sweeps it to the right every time he gets it. Most teams have the majority of possession on the left flank because of right footed centre backs but we usually counter that well by the centre backs stepping forward and looking for full backs and the midfielders inside. But instead we just seem to be knocking it out wide with Welsh each time. They’re not bad passes but it means we just give it to Mikey and they get a second guy over there to rob him.

Hes magic you know,
Scalesy hit Bolger a loaf

1 Like

This has been fairly woeful. I expected a drop off after the busy schedule and some rotation but the display has been brutal. I think Hatate has been really bad. Johnston is like a poor man’s Gary Mackay Steven. I assert Celtic back ups should at least be starter level for other top six Scottish sides, Johnston might not make the Raith team.

Yeah Hatate has been poor too.

Ange looked furious. Let’s see if there’s a reaction now.

Mikey didn’t have a great game but feel for him there. He looks distraught. I guess he realises he’s running out of chances.

That’s a great goal. Lovely pass by Hatate into Jota’s stride and he set up Giakoumakis nicely. Clinical finish then and happy for Giakoumakis to get his goal. Jota has made a big difference since coming on.

2 Likes

Gggiiiaakkkooouummakkkiisss

Yeah Jota has been very good and Hatate improved no end since he had Jota there.

Great for Giakoumakis to score before going off. He was good today.

Maaaaeeeeddddaaaaaa

Mmmmaaaeeedddaaaaaa