Celtic v Rangers - Saturday, 12.30pm

Any particular reason why you’ve eschewed the La Vita option?

Edit: Lorme, square or traditional sausage?

Hail Hail

1 Like

How many PL teams would be beaten by Sligo Rovers?

Would it be fair to surmise from looking at that putative Glasgow Celtic starting XI that there’s not many local players or academy graduates togging out these days? If Bobby Lennox was still playing, he’d probably be classified as a local lad now.

I’ve had a lorne sausage. Ate at the hotel - just a little tight on time to get to La Vita and back.

Will pick up a couple of cans of gin and tonic now for my stroll to the ground.

It is a remarkable achievement of consistency when you point it out like that.

It’s quite the gap from Glasgow Celtic, second on the roll of honour with 52 title wins back to Aberdeen, Heart of Midlothian and Edinburgh Hibernian in joint third with 4 title wins apiece.

:man_shrugging: such trivia doesn’t interest me but an educated guess for me would look to the Pale and prehaps Rovers and Shelbourne maybe?
Next guess maybe in the Turkish league.
There’s a couple of big fish that dominate respective leagues in every sport. Considering organised sport as a past time has been with us since the Industrial Revolution and in Irish terms linked to the struggle for Independence I’m sure there’s been instances in the past.
Do tell us @ChairmanDan. 37 consecutive years is remarkable.

I’ve just had a look at the League of Ireland roll of honour there - 8 different league champions in the past 16 seasons - Shelbourne, Drogheda, Bohemians, Shamrock Rovers, Sligo Rovers, St Patrick’s Athletic, Cork City, Dundalk.

1 Like

How old is league football in Ireland though?
Like the Premier League it didn’t just hatch out in 1992.

The Irish League is around since the early 1890’s. Linfield were the inaugural winners. The partitionist Eire soccer set up their breakaway league in the early 1920’s.

2 Likes

:+1: which was the Leinster league as such, which really meant Dublin.

1 Like

That’s a terrific bench

2 Likes

Looking forward to seeing Hatate today.

1 Like

Fair play to Abada for playing his way into the team. Maeda has been playing well but Abada has been in super form off the bench

1 Like
  1. MCLAUGHLIN
    2.TAVERNIER
    6.GOLDSON
  2. SANDS
  3. BARISIC
  4. KAMARA
    4LUNDSTRAM
  5. DAVIS
    71TILLMAN
  6. KENT
    9.COLAK