Celtic v Ross County ☘

I’ll let @Little_Lord_Fauntleroy have the deciding call on it but looked like great technique to me, could have easily skied it

1 Like

Think Ralston is way off the required level again. Very nervous start but improved as it went on and they lost heart a bit.

1 Like

2 Likes

Fair play to you sending the young lad back a few rows to take the picture. Hope he’s having a blast and learning lots of new words.

2 Likes

Nawrocki is superb.

Rolls royce

Hart has had absolutely fcuk all to do but he’s managed to be noticeably bad

1 Like

He did a good starfish there for the goal.
He’s still oan the beach tam.

1 Like

Very worrying. I thought he had another season as number one in him

He looks even more uncomfortable with the ball coming back to him

1 Like

This is very poor stuff. New GK is a priority. Will concede lots from set pieces otherwise especially given the physical nature of opposition players.

Kyogo smoked the County back four with one touch

3 Likes

Kyogo has been the difference today . The real standout bit of class on the pitch . O Riley seems to have slimmed down a bit

1 Like

Huns losing on opening day makes it a cracking start to the season.

2 Likes

Not withstanding the pitch is a disgrace it was a Shocking performance from rangers . Strange not starting cantwell .their new signings lammers and dowell didn’t want to know about it, Dessers cut a frustrated figure and Sima while gamey plays like a taller version of Sakala.
Last season Airfield would have come on and scored

Even stranger they didn’t get a peno

2 Likes

Hard to give a peno when you’ve no possession in it . It was nearly all long ball from souttar and raskin

Rodgers basically said post game Starfelt was likely to leave in the next few days. That Fabrizio chap tweeting this evening he’s close to joining Celta Vigo. Makes it more important to get some signings in over the next couple of weeks.

I thought that was a bit rusty & sloppy today but Ross County MADE IT DIFFICULT. Man marking all over the field is rare & out of the Derek McInnes playbook in his Aberdeen days. Some messy enough play in the build up & I’d still hope Hatate being left out was a kick up the hole rather than a hint he’s away too.

Edit: I’ve posted recently about needing a new first choice keeper & I’m even more sure after today.

Yeah. Rodgers also seemed to say Nawrocki wasn’t bought to replace Starfelt - I think we need more cover there. Since Jenz left we haven’t really had a capable understudy.

It was a mixed bag today. Thought the midfield trio were very good after a slow start. Both full backs were sloppy on the ball and some odd decision making from Ralston in particular. Iwata looked like a fish out of water at right back but it’s very hard to play possession football with Ralston there.

Was surprised we didn’t see Oh - perhaps he was carrying a knock. Thought Yang looked good when he came on.

I’m not opposed to upgrading on Hart.