Champions League 2012/13 Match Day 3, 23/24 October

anyone give Schalke a chance of beating arsenal at the emirates at 3/1??.. :strokechin:

Donā€™t think itā€™s a bad price but I wouldnā€™t be going for it. They had a decent derby win over Dortmund at the weekend but I donā€™t think they have a great squad and Arsenal tend to target their home games in the competition to secure qualification.

If we win in Barcelona tomorrow will we then be favourites to win the CL?

Brown, Commons, Samaras and Forrest are all training tonight. McGeouch and Lassad didnā€™t travel with the squad due to injury. What lineup would you bhoys go for? Iā€™d bring in Ledley for Commons from the last Champions League game and Lustig or Matthews is another tough call. Iā€™ve settled on this:

CELTIC
[soccer]
[gk]Forster[/gk]
[rb]Matthews[/rb]
[rcb]Ambrose[/rcb]
[lcb]Wilson[/lcb]
[lb]Izaguirre[/lb]
[rcm]Wanyama[/rcm]
[lcm]Mulgrew[/lcm]
[cm]Ledley[/cm]
[lw]Samaras[/lw]
[rm]Brown[/rm]
[st]Hooper[/st]
[/soccer]

I wouldnā€™t have any problems with that selection. Lennon has said we donā€™t have the players or the mentality to sit in and defend like Chelsea so donā€™t see us doing anything ridiculous with the formation but thatā€™s secure without being overly negative.

Matthews will probably get the start over Lustig given his pace.

Iā€™d have no arguments with the side youā€™re suggesting Bando, I think Commons would be a passenger by and large for us. I think Lennon has a number of dilemmas, but ones of the positive variety. Good to have so many players in form and pushing each other on.

Celtic +3 goals 11/10 Will have a nice cut at that,Barcas defence is terrible and Celtic have scored in all but one game this season,add to that the great respect between the clubs I dont expect Barca to try and smash Celtic,score of 3-1 seems the call to me.

Who do you think will score Barcelonaā€™s goal?

Decent Big Victor interview here:
http://www.thenational.ae/sport/football/kenyas-wanyama-has-a-taste-for-victory#full

Canā€™t wait for the Barca game tomorrow. The Brits wonā€™t keep it pucked out for them. Messi likely to set some kind of record for goals in a CL match.

Big Vic certainly likes his chicken. I wonder did he meet up with his pal David Rudisha when he was over in Dublin for Brother Colm Oā€™Connell being honoured in DCU.

Las Ramblas is green n white

Watch your wallet db.

Sent from my GT-I9100 using TFK App

And phone.

DBā€™s cunning plan of smearing his own excerment on his face should keep potential pick pockets at bay

:lol: :lol:

Celtic end tickets secured :clap: :clap:

Thank you Brett Desmond. Give Andrea a ride for me

Mon the Hoops :ireland:

Youā€™re a good lad Runt :lol:

I donā€™t mind this type of banter from you my friend.

Samaras will again be the key for Celtic away from home. Weā€™ve had goals and generally superb displays from the Athenian Fenian in each of the 3 away Champions League ties this season and we need him to play to his best level again. Heā€™s likely to be up against Montoya in the absence of Dani Alves and this is an area we can exploit. Weā€™re also stronger than them in midfield - they donā€™t have anybody who possesses the power and class of Wanyama. The big young bhoy will surely announce himself as one of the worldā€™s elite players tonight. They sometimes overload the left with Iniesta joining the overlapping Alba and a wide striker like Villa but I think Scott Brown playing on our right will nullify that threat. My only concerns relate to the Argentinian lad, Messi, as I feel he could potentially cause Kelvin Wilson problems. All in all, I expect it to be a score draw.

Itā€™s a pity that mickee has decided against contributing to this thread so far. He usually provides an overview of the weekā€™s games and a few suggested bets.