Champions League 2012/13 Match Day 3, 23/24 October

Spartak Moscow have taken the lead at home to Benfica in the 5pm kick-off.

Thats great for us right?

Poundageā€¦what would u prefer?..a win for sparta or a draw?..Benfica win is worse result i assumeā€¦

I think Iā€™d prefer Spartak to take 4 points from the double header with Benfica. It would mean Celtic maintaining second place in the group, even in the worse case scenario of taking no points from our own double header with Barcelona.

Though the alternative view would be that Benfica doing a number on Spartak over the two games would pretty much guarantee Celtic third place in the group minimum and guarantee European football after Christmas in one guise or another. But when youā€™re in the elite competition, you want to keep progressing in it is my own view.

7 points and a home win against Spartak could be enough assuming Barca win all their games but with qualification a certainty for them they may play a weaker team in rounds 5/6.

when do barca play spartak again?..youā€™d worry about barca sending much of a team to russia if thye have already qualifiedā€¦
sorry didnā€™t see the last bit of your post first timeā€¦i canā€™t explain why i didnā€™t see it thoughā€¦ :strokechin:

Spartak host Barca on match day 5.

Celticā€™s remaining schedule in order is therefore:
Barca (a)
Barca (h)
Benfica (a)
Spartak (h)

Itā€™s 1-1 now. Spartak dominating apparently

2-1 Spartak, didnā€™t see the goal but they deserve to be ahead Iā€™m told. Just saw a replay, was an OG.

Have backed BATE at 6/4 draw no bet v Valencia

Iā€™m off to The 51 to watch the Celtic game in the TFKCSC section.

Catch you later, bhoys and ghirls.

Hail Hail.

:ireland:

Glenn Loovens in the tunnel welcoming the bhoys and sporting a very camp outfit. A lovely embrace between himself and Sammy.

Only one difference to the team I posted yesterday - Lustig starts ahead of Matthews.

Big Loovens there to wish the lads well.

This is a smashing piece being narrated by The Big Yin here on SKY about Celtic.

Under 3.5 goals in the Barca/Celtic match - 6/5 for a bit of interest

Braga 1 up

Gone for Juve -1, Bayern -1(double) and Shaktar/Chelsea draw tonight but what I really want is a Celtic victory against the Catalan freaks.
Up Celtic :ireland:

That was a lovely bit of patient measured football by Barca

Shaktar 1 up, Texiera