Champions League 2015/16 Round of 16

Brady is still a serious 5 side balller.

Iā€™m with Chippy, English clubs splashing the cash around hasnā€™t done them much good either - most of the foreigners who come to the EPL are not motivated and are here for the easy money.

I agree with that.

But I watched that United v Arsenal match last week and they both brought on kids who were completely useless. The Nigerian lad who came on for Arsenal was a complete fraud.

1 Like

Ran away from possession.

Valera canā€™t defend.

Canā€™t comment on that. The youth production in England may be dire at the minute but it would be part of a bigger problem. I think clubs should be focusing more on young homegrown players, Spurs seem to have done well out of it. They have quite a few young players that have come through the youth ranks and while they may not be exceptional talents then have the right attitude and application.

Tyler Blackett may very well be the worst professional sportsperson Iā€™ve ever seen from either gender in any sport.

3 Likes

Odd that they didnt mention the SRFC youth accademy

:grin:

He wasnā€™t playing last week.

Thatā€™s racist.

3 Likes

6 Likes

Are you alleging that he only got a game because he fooled Arsene Wenger with an e-mail claiming that he could make him rich, and now has his bank account details?

@Sidney

Was that a record number of Brazilian born players to feature in a European match today?

All 4 PSG defenders, Thiago Motta, Lucas Moura, Willian, Diego Costa, Oscar, Kenedy.

I donā€™t know.

1 Like

isnā€™t brazilian soccer at an all time lowā€¦

Boringly, Iā€™ve googled the line up from a random European tie that came to mind, the first leg of the 2006 Champions League semi-final between AC Milan and Barcelona, and found that 8 Brazilian born players featured.

These were:
Dida
Kaka
Serginho
Cafu
Edmilson
Belletti
Ronaldinho
Thiago Motta

Deco would have made it nine but appears to have been suspended.

The second leg again featured 8 Brazilian born players, with Deco playing but Thiago Motta being an unused substitute.

2 Likes

Iā€™m guessing a Shakhtar Donetsk v PSG or Barcelona might do it.

1 Like

shaktar v psg in December had 8 starters and 2 subs born in brazil.

In september 2015 shakhtar v psg had 8 starters again and 3 used subs born in brazil.

1 Like