Champions League 2015/16 Round of 16

How did Vidal go?

2-2.

Good result for Juve after going 2-2 behind and leaves them still in it but it’s a big ask.

He somehow managed to avoid a red card but was very effective.

:information_source:

Can anyone stop Barcelona?

In knock out football, anything can happen. Real Madrid, Juventus, Bayern and Paris St Germain if they hit form all have the capacity to do it.

Over two legs unlikely. Bayern/real in a final might catch them.

Atlético too, one would imagine.

Yes, I should have added Atlético as well. Barcelona justified favourites but no team has retained the European Cup since 1990.

Disagree having watched it. He was creating and keeping possession well all night. He’s the very least of their problems

1 Like

Pep said it was one of his greatest nights in management seeing his team play like that against a top Italian side like juve.

Aguero has Manchester City 1-0 up in Kiev. He fired home after controlling a knock-down from a corner. They’ve been fairly comfortable bar an early but relatively short bout of pressure from Kiev. Iarmalenko has been decent for them on the right but Manchester City could have picked them off on the break a couple of times. I probably won’t be let watch the second half as my missus will be home soon and I watched the full Arsenal-Barca game last night.

2 Likes

2-0. Lovely goal. Sterling’s cross knocked in by Silva at the back post. Good work by Aguero in the build up.

Damien Duff doing punditry on RTE.

He seems a bit simple.

Fernando with 2 tackles proves players don’t need rest.

Yarmolenko can’t be good because he’s 26.

Decent game here in Kiev from what I’ve seen. Plenty of chances.

Ya ya misses a sitter to kill the tie.

Yaya is outstanding when he bothers his arse

Nice interview with Kaka on BT Sports there, one of the CL’s greatest ever.

Good start by our boys here.