Champions League 2018-Round of Two

Liverpool did all the basics in that game right. We dominated the game until Salah was taken out by Ramos. The defence couldn’t be faulted. Ultimately we lost because of that Cillian O’Connor-esque deliberate foul play by Ramos, two catastrophic goalkeeping errors, and one moment of magic from their best player.

This was the game where the loss of Coutinho was really felt. Squad badly needs upgrading. Lallana was a total passenger.

A couple of different bounces of the ball and it could easily have been a much different result though - they didn’t win it, we handed it to them.

1 Like

Could Salah have made it to half time, got a painkiller shot in his shoulder and finished out the match?

Given the reports of no lasting tissue damage and the fact that after he dislocated the shoulder, it immediately popped back into place and he had movement in his arm I don’t really feel like it was a certain game ending injury. Usually with bad dislocations you can see the arm hanging. Players tend to use their jersey as a half baked sling to take the pressure off the shoulder. That wasn’t the case with Salah. It looked to me like it wasn’t on the more serious scale of dislocations.

In a possible once in a lifetime appearance in the biggest club match in World football, I’m just not convinced Salah did enough to stay on the field. I think toughing it out another 15 minutes until half time, looking to curb the pain at that point and assessing where he is in early second half would have been a fair course of action given the stakes of the game and his fundamental importance to Liverpool as an attacking threat.

I’d be very surprised if he missed the World Cup.

4 Likes

If it popped back in straight away mightnt have been his first.

If it was his first, then it would have been pretty excruciating

Mo Salah,
Mo Salah,
Arm in a sling.

1 Like

Just saw a tweet there of ramos elbowing karius into the head before the first goal. Hes some tramp :joy:

Yeah, excruciating is a fair description. I dislocated my shoulder a few times when I was younger. It’s very painful. But the pain doesn’t persist for that long and probably could be managed with a shot at HT. The start of the second half would have been roughly 40 minutes from when the injury occurred. I don’t think it was impossible to play on. I just feel like Salah could have done more to stay on the pitch.

Dont know enough about Salah to comment tbh. Wouldn’t have thought be many lads playing there last night with the mettle to play on after it. Ramos probably!

Indeed, Ramos would. That’s why he’s a champion.

1 Like

Some proper cunts out there. :frowning_face:

1 Like

Vile abuse of the goalkeeper there from Liverpool fans.

He needs support. Swing low, sweet Karius.

1 Like

Thats nasty shit. Could be a silver lining here and this could make him a better keeper.

What you expect from a fanbase that murdered 39 innocent fans.

1 Like

Nah not all. Liverpool were undone by a unbelievable goal and 2 keeper howlers sure thats sport for ya, sometimes ya win, sometimes you lose. You wouldn’t understand that being stuck in your couch.

Because the Liverpool fans murdered 39 football fans at a European final.

People like that aren’t fans. There’s more to life than watching men in shorts running around a field and those pricks need a bit of perspective.

2 Likes

Liverpool were pathetic and it was never really a game.

Men against boys. The first real team with a good recent pedigree in this competition and they got destroyed.

1 Like

The ball wasn’t exactly near them either when he did it

yes, if he wasnt a coward

4 Likes

:rofl: