Champions League 2018-Round of Two

@Fran 09.55 27/5/18 - Ramos should have been sent off for an elbow on Karius
@Fran 09;56 27/5/18 - i didnt see Mane punching Ramos in the head and if he did good on him

1 Like

:joy:

Good old Fran

15 Likes

Any thoughts on Karius’ / Karius’s reaction after the game, guys?

I think these “showing the guts to front up” type public apologies are almost as pathetic as the mistakes themselves. Joe Hart was a great man for it too.

The chap walking around to each section of Liverpool supporters with his hands in a praying pose and bowing his head in apology just looked dumb to me.

But others are saying he deserves great credit for his bravery and dignity, as opposed to his goalkeeping obviously.

2 Likes

Joe Brolly did a great piece after Hennelly cost Mayo the All-Ireland.

Hennelly came out with this big, self indulgent tripe on Instagram about how sorry he was, it would make him stronger etc.

Brolly compared it to the Derry keeper (McCusker?) of his era. Would keep his head down and mouth shut, get on with it, work hard and perform when needed. None of these grandiose, self serving statements. Must try and dig it out, cracking article.

Karius walked alone last night and Liverpool Football Club deserted him. Putting his hands together pleading for clemency at the end looked a bit forced though. Walk over, acknowledge them and get the fuck off the pitch into the sanctity of the dressing room.

:joy::joy: Apart from goalkeeping

8 Likes

:smile:

:grin::grin:

It was very sad watching a great player crying on the turf. Knowing his game was over and maybe his world cup was in jeopardy. And the huge blow to his teams chances. It’d make your heart break. Thankfully his team didn’t fall apart and went on to do him proud. #Carvajal

8 Likes

Coach Zidane really steadied the ship after that colossal loss of losing one of their best players. Got them in at half time, settled them down and then they went out to win it for their talisman.

1 Like

I have a lot of sympathy for him on a human level. He suffered a total humiliation in the biggest club game in the world.

It’s only football and nobody died. There will be more European Cup finals in the near future for Liverpool Football Club - there always is.

Although Karius won’t be playing in them, obviously.

1 Like

These fellas are professionals and paid handsomely, if a regular person made cock up after cock up in their day job they’d be out the door, I’ve no sympathy for the cunt and his tears

3 Likes

Except in the HSE

4 Likes

@Bandage

Will that attention seeking gimp Owens ever fuck off.

7 Likes

Just saw Ramos taking out Karius with an elbow. Fantastic work to be fair. Hiding in plain sight.

1 Like

You’ll never walk alone

1 Like

Wouldn’t be like them

Benzema is a fantastic player. Lads who just check the scores at the weekend think he’s shite though

4 Likes