Champions League 2021/22 - Another Magic night in Madrid from the Kings of Europe

:grinning::grinning::grinning:

Athletico understandably want to avoid European royalty having got one of them in the group stage. Only natural they’d want to face Lille or either of the Manchester teams.

Say what you like about Donald Trump but he oversaw a flawless draw for the Rumbellows Cup.

Maybe a bit of recency bias on my behalf in fairness. Liverpool beat Bayern and Barca in the knockouts in 2019, and then had either Ajax or Spurs lined up for the final, two weaker teams than Bayern or Barca.

1 Like

Bayern and Barca were big names those seasons in name only.

Barca have been in decline for years and Bayern were stumbling along under a manager who would soon get the road.

Great news :clap::clap::clap:

When’s the next draw taking place?

Man United - name on the Cup

2pm mate

Hopefully Liverpool get a box office draw. As you said, there’s no point limping through this tournament.

We’d prefer not to win it than win an asterisked trophy

Big advantage for the sides cut adrift in their domestic leagues who can concentrate on this trophy.

2 Likes

No idea mate, LOI, International or Celtic are the only football that I watch these days, petro states & clubs for footix have ruined football*

*just realized i had already predicted who would win each round, good to be so fluid in my opinions

2 Likes

Oooooft

Bring on PSG mate. The seethe on the forum when Andy Robertson gives Messi’s hair a ruffle again.

RedRaw predictions

PSG v Liverpool
Chelsea v Ajax
Salzburg v Manchester United
Atletico Madrid v Manchester City
Sporting Lisbon v Real Madrid
Benfica v Juventus
Villareal v Bayern Munich
Inter Milan v Barcelona

Villarreal v Liverpool
Atletico Madrid v Man Utd
Inter Milan v Lille
Benfica v Real Madrid
Salzburg v Man City
PSG v Juventus
Sporting v Munich
Chelsea v Ajax

In fairness Liverpool won a champions league playing spurs in the final so the luck of the draw is huge.

1 Like

Was that the year Liverpool walked all over the English Spanish and German champions on the way to the final ?

Goes to show the strength of the English game that two English clubs were in it.

5 Likes

Announcing Bill Murray GIF

The only English team to get eliminated by a non English team that year was Ole’s tricky reds.

3 Likes