Champions League 2021/22 - Another Magic night in Madrid from the Kings of Europe

Kroos and Modric are only on the planet for nights like these

2 Likes

Benzema too. Hopefully Madrid do them in the 2nd leg.

3 Likes

Very hard beat tradition and clubs with 6 plus European cups… City should be very proud of themselves.

3 Likes

The absence of the away goals rule may haunt Real in the end. They’ll have to win by 2 clear goals on the night to progress before ET/pens.

I very much would like ET in the second leg.

I get misty eyed even thinking back my halcyon days in College when we wouldn’t see these lads for 9 months of the year but from February to May we’d make it our business midweek to drink our customary 6 cans of Bulmers watching Kroos, Modric, Marcelo, King Karim and co before hitting for some nightclub and chase a bit of tail.

Its absolutely iconic to see these lads still at it on the really big nights all these years later.

As an FYI, my whole ‘Hall of Famers’ saying actually originated about that all conquering crop of Real Madrid players from 2013-2018.

4 Likes

Embarrassing having a dud like Richie Sadlier doing pundit on this. Thinking he might know the mentality of Manchester City players.

6 Likes

Madrid have been poor for all but two halfs in the last 5 games and are still in it

City had no luck for most of the night tbh. Even the penalty was very unlucky.

Kroos was a disgrace for that fourth Manchester City goal.

That was the first full match I’ve watched in years. The highest quality.

I like him as a pundit but it’s a strange one alright. Suppose you could have said the same about dunphy.

Kroos searched for the Maguire inside himself tonight. City must be scratching their heads wondering how they’re only one up after that.

Everything falling perfectly for Liverpool again. City flaking themselves out before pools 4-1 win tomorrow night and play the youth team in the second leg.

Somebody mentioned this as being the greatest game of all time. If you like your defences with all the solidity of crepe paper, perhaps.

The two Liverpool-Manchester City league matches this season were far higher quality matches.

1 Like

A night for Dunphy spouting on about character etc Bill

Hopefully Elland Road is a fortress this weekend for the visit of Man City. I’d be wary of St James Park this Saturday too though unfortunately.

2 Likes

Pep is broken

Spoofers and charlatans Bill. A cod.

2 Likes

Liverpopl with a bye to the final so hot favourites.