Champions League 2021/22 - Another Magic night in Madrid from the Kings of Europe

Liverpool have to play at 12:30pm on Saturday away to a team with a better record (apparently) than Manchester City in the league this calendar year.

Hardly everything falling perfectly.

1 Like

Thereā€™s no easy games at this stage of the competition. Liverpool know that. Itā€™s why weā€™ve won 6.

ā€œYer man Mialiato ā€¦,.,Phoenix park stuff Billā€

2 Likes

The fix is still on

I missed all of that and will actually miss the second leg as well. I thought Real would try to ape Atletico to a certain extent but doesnā€™t look like that was the case to say the least. Thought they would have dropped Kroos at the least

Ah the last two draws in Europe have been onreal. Theyā€™re obviously class anyway but it has been a stroke of luck.

I actually watched the 2018 final at a house party in Tipp. A great occasion despite the result. Tipp came from about 10 points down to draw with Cork the following day then in the newly created Munster Round Robin.

2 Likes

Gareth Baleā€™s bicycle kick was one of the greatest Champions League moments of all time.

I reckon theres one last great moment in him at Madrid.

Bale? Go onā€¦ā€¦

Is the value of a decent CH lost entirely? A few billion on show between them and not a first cousin to a proper commanding, demanding, fuck-all-who-try-distract-him centre half?

It may as well have been 100 years ago that the likes of Dystan, Kompany and Dunne played for City as there wasnā€™t an ounce of their importance instilled in that team.

4 Likes

Exactly. All the moreso when you foresake the importance of your own traditions and play to the traditional strengths of your foe.

1 Like

It is. Lost entirely.

Itā€™s all hipster now. No place for old fashioned English defensive values.

I thought Milato was meant to be a serious defender. He was woeful.

Seems to be Madrid, Liverpool and City saving the soul of football these days. Incredible entertainment. Proper football.

1 Like

Dont think so. Theyā€™re just much harder to find. Madrid played Ramos til he literally couldnt move any more cos they knew. Alaba is not a centre half. Heā€™s played must of his career as a full back or a midfielder. Lads canā€™t switch position like that.
Rudiger is a balls out savage defender. Just fucking hates losing a goal or even a challenge. Heā€™d be top of my list for United but thereā€™s not a hope heā€™d consider us.

Scripted as well, I reckon.

Bit disappointing that we only have one decent pairing for the semis and one bye. Is Benfica and Villareal the easiest path to a final thereā€™s ever been in the history of the Champions league? Hard to think of an easier one anyway.

1 Like

Itā€™s not a bit disappointing.

1 Like

For fans of the sport I meant not manchild braindead Scouser Paddy dickheads like yourself.

2 Likes

Villareal will be no pushover.

2 Likes