Champions League 2021/22 - Another Magic night in Madrid from the Kings of Europe

Can’t spell random without Omar.

How much was Lukaku again?

Terrible miss by Villarreal to make it 2-0. Corner back style non-finish by a guy who just wouldn’t pull the trigger in a one on one with loads of time. Bayern are knocking on the door but look a shambles at the back. Neuer nearly got caught with a lob from the half way line after Bayern lost possession.

Another awful finish by Villarreal on a great chance on the break after Sane had been dispossessed.

Game following a very similar pattern to Bayern’s away game against Salzburg. Villarreal defending very stoutly. Bayern will probably score late now.

This ref has had some lovely anti-chelsea moments. A lovely stopping of play when chelsea were attacking and had numbers cos a madrid player had tried to hurt a lad and then sat down was my favourite.

1 Like

A Good Evening for Unai Emery. Villarreal 1-0 Bayern Munich FT.

Sign in @Batigol. A massive INTERNET victory for you over me here.

2 Likes

Prost!

That was a much more intriguing night of football than last night.

That TIFO banner in Madrid is class. Don’t fuck with the King

This would be a dead rubber if away goals rule was still in force. Good bit more interesting without it.

Game on in Madrid

With that touch Reuben Loftus Cheek demonstrates why he was the nineteenth most highly touted young English player of 2016.

Watching a bit of the Bayern Munich-Villarreal match here. Following the same pattern as the first match. Bayern Munich with most of the possession but very lacking in ideas, they’re like Moyes era Manchester United in that match against Fulham where they kept sticking it in the mixer. Villarreal have just had the best chance of the match, a 1 on 1 on the break, and like the excellent chances they had in the second half of the first match, they completely fluffed it.

Premier League quality showing now.

Fuck me!

Madrid have been useless here. Chelsea easily the better side

1 Like

The mentality in these two legged ties is fascinating to watch.

Lewandowski puts Bayern 1 up

Is Bale on bench for Madrid?

Terrible mistake by Villarreal playing out from the back. An early Stephen Kenny era type mistake. Was the only way Bayern Munich were going to score. If they stumble through this tie they will be easy pickings for Liverpool.