Champions League 2022/23 featuring Celtic and the rest

Draw at 5pm.

Celtic in Pot 4.

Everyone else is either in Pots 1,2,3 or 4.

Will we see an Anglo-Irish affair I wonder ?

2 Likes

Group G for me please. A proven track record of qualifying from that group. Think we’ve struggled with the lower draws sometimes.

2 Likes

I’m certain the outright winners have come from Group G in the past. Great shout.

1 Like

I think you’re right. You can sort of fly under the radar for the first few games and all of a sudden you’re in the semi final before the Group A teams have looked over their shoulders.

Chelsea would be decent
Liverpool would be beatable but their fans are a bit iffy
madrid is the big gap in teams Celtic have faced in the CL

2 Likes

The irish champions failed to qualify so not this year, no.

Good chance of a Battle of Britain though

1 Like

Celtic could get a glamour group where they struggle to pick up any points - a Real Madrid, Tottenham, Napoli type affair. Or they could get a less attractive group for the neutral but with more chance to get results - a Porto, Leipzig, Shakhtar Donetsk kind of a group. Or they could get a moderately difficult and moderately attractive group either. There is definitely a correlation between warmer places in winter where locals have a Latin temperament and high glamour versus colder places with stern locals and low glamour.

Liverpool have drawn group A and will face Ajax… More to follow.

Hope we get a good draw

We?

Yes, irishmen and women and non binary

3 Likes

Liverpool get to renew their rivalry with Napoli.

Ajax
Liverpool
Napoli

There’s no Irish team involved fucko.

1 Like

That’s a tough draw. We’ll probably draw beaten Europa League finalists from last season Rangers now to complete the group of death.

Brothers in arms

1 Like

Who did we get?

Correct.

Nah that’s Celtic you’re thinking of. Who could forget the memorable scenes with Gerry Marsden singing YNWA with the entire crowd before the 2003 UEFA Cup clash.

No thanks mate