Champions League 2023/24 Round of 32

To think that all those years ago I picked him out as an unknown player to watch out for.

He’s a lovely player. Can do it all.

The sending off hasn’t helped but we really went out of that game alarmingly.

A few disappointing performances. CCV has been poor I think. Not taking any responsibility on the ball. Other defenders have been ok I suppose though the full backs have been very exposed since a Maeda went off.

McGregor had a good block but his passing has been too conservative and he we really poor for the goal. Bernardo looks a bit lost and O’Riley looks tired and sloppy already

They have the measure of Palma and Kyogo has barely touched it.

Other than that it’s been impressive

Hart has been very good.

Ah I’m more lamenting our lack of cheating. Need to go to ground more after contact etc. but sure it’s only a small gripe. Palma got the hang of the dissent thing and got booked straight away so maybe I’m wrong for once.

1 Like

Are we a bit disappointed in CCV turning his back on the first goal?

It’s all quite deflating & history repeating itself.

A bit of bad luck again, yes, but self inflicted to a fair degree too. Hart’s punch, McGregor’s header, then a deflection but it’s all preventable.

Great ball by Griezmann for the second but Johnston caught out & Scales not sharp to Morata’s movement.

We needed to sign some established players in the summer but didn’t.

Scales lost morata for second

Thats not a red card lads.

Not unless you are looking at every angle 15 times until you find a dangerous still

https://twitter.com/Kieran_Celtic/status/1721995168809709689?t=dhLLolYzEL7D8SaebOqHTg&s=19

Big Erl :clap:

Not exactly a chance but that’s a shite offside call against Kyogo after a good header from Oh.

Good save from Hart there

One decision would be nice off this prick.

We’ve had previous with this ref before I believe

That’s a lovely goal

Poor defending by johnson there

Could finish 5-6 from here

The flapping at the corner led to the next play from which Atletico scored the first

Another poor defensive header.

In mitigation it’s harder when tracking back towards your goal like he was. As much as 10 players against Atletico is a big ask, we abandoned all width and have just given them too much space as a result. They’ve had a lot of crosses with no pressure on them.

McGregor has been terrible here. Giving him a 5-year deal as he turned 30…

Ah Celtic will hardly win it now