Champions League 2024/2025

Sccccaaaallllleeeessss

Ssssscccccccaaaaallllleeeesssss

2 Likes

Those are cracking corners by Engels.

2 Likes

Engels’ delivery is sublime.

Jaysus, Kyogo has to finish that. What a pass by Kuhn.

1 Like

Rod Stewart enjoyed that

1 Like

Before @thedancingbaby time but Scales in the air reminds me of a young VVD

1 Like

Luis Enrique is quite an iffy coach. No MBappe to blame for the lack of pressure and cohesion here.

Celtic doing rather better against Slovan Bratislava than they did against their city rivals Artmedia.

1 Like

Tis. It’s absolutely mint. Noel’s handwriting and all. It’s supersonic

1 Like

Went a bit conservative as that half went on. Controlled it for the entire half though they had a good chance after the CCV error.

Think they’ll look to stop Kyogo dropping off in the second half because that caused them problems near the end. We need to be quicker at moving it through the middle sometimes. They are crowding that area and we’re wary of the counter attack clearly. But there’s definitely room for a me of the centre backs to step forward with the ball sometimes, even if it means McGregor or a full back holding back because they’re the players Slovan are trying to pick up.

Fairly controlled stuff from Celtic. The opposition aren’t pressing at all & are sitting deep so there’s plenty of possession. It’s weird that they still seem pretty easy to play through despite having everyone behind the ball, even when they’re well set & Celtic aren’t moving it particularly quickly. A few chances to extend the lead & Kyogo really should have finished the first one. 2-0 would be comfortable but they’re still in the game at 1-0 & have had a couple of chances themselves - once when Celtic got caught upfield & they broke & the other from a poor CCV defensive header. Think Engels has been good.

Also this referee has a reputation for being an oddball and he does look to have a weird decision in him.

Think he’s given them a lot of soft frees to relieve pressure.

A classic qualifier early in the Gordon Strachan era. Lost 5-0 in the first leg only to storm back and win 4-0 in the return and bow out in agonising circumstances. Think Artmedia ended up in Rangers group then and Rangers made it to the knockouts before losing to Villarreal if I remember correctly.

They figured out early on they just need to grab the ball to get a free when they’re under pressure

Has Scott Brown been to Turkey?

Only started growing the hair out during Covid I think. Always liked a skin head look to intimidate League of Scotland opponents. Similar to Martin Skrtel.

2 Likes

Dark horses Turkey are great at taking scalps.

Man City emerging to Bring It On Down, what a time to be alive :heart_eyes: