Champions League Final Thread

I do kind of agree with you here. Simeoneā€™s La Liga winning team/getting to CL Finals teams had to play like that because that was the only way they could compete with Real and Barca and in Europe and they were brilliant at it, and I donā€™t think you can criticise them in any way for that.

As they became more successful they began to get better technical players, but still played the same way in the big games, to their detriment. They completely bottled the second leg against Juve this year and didnā€™t offer anything productive

I donā€™t think I could handle another Spurs humiliation. This would be the worst one yet.

500 euro for a restricted view ā€¦

ā€¦of a worthless final.

If only the champions of Malta and Andorra had qualified so we could have had a proper match

2 Likes

How much would you have to pay for a ticket for the final?

Arm and a leg

I was offered two already. Very little demand.

1 Like

@sidney clearing House here

He has poor @anon32894817 going round in circles like a puppy chasing his tail

3 Likes

It gets worse

One of the chaps in work told me that Wolverhampton Wanderers have beaten all 4 European finalists this season.

Unbelievable.

2 Likes

European pedigree

What a pity they arenā€™t in the final

They would have made Barcelona v Ajax look like Longford Town v Cobh Ramblers

It just shows how bad the standard is.

I guess this means City are the best team in Europe.

1 Like

By your logic Barcelona v Ajax have been a lower standard

Yet you say it would have been a great final with a great standard

2 Likes

Without a doubt.

97 points last year and 98 this year ā€¦ the greatest team to ever grace the EPL.

And ergo the wurild.

At least they won their league. If you donā€™t win the league alongside the European cup you canā€™t be considered The best team in Europe.

Wolverhampton Wanderers and Edinburgh Hibernians were the pioneers for British football in European Competition .

It isnā€™t 2020 yet but Iā€™m confident 98 points will win us the league next year

Man united were the first English team to win the European cup. Man united are English football.