Champions League Final Thread

What’s the possibilities of the super clubs breaking away and forming a splinter league? It’s been mooted several times

Amritsar?
Sharpeville?
9/11?
The 2017/18 Champions League quarter-final first leg at Anfield?

It would finally give spurs and Liverpool a chance to win a league. Man united, city, arsenal and Chelsea would be taken out of the equation.

United :joy::joy::joy::joy:

1 Like

It’s going to be called the Asterisk* League

They’ll miss a trick if they don’t call the feeder league the Obelisk league.

Glenisk have arranged a sponsorship deal

Nilfisk are sponsoring the main competition

There’s literally a big power vacuum in European football at the moment

1 Like

I’ve got nothing.:grinning:

I like Griezman. I like Rodri. I like Saul.

They have all these players and still revert to a horrible style when they play anyone decent.

It’s annoying because when they actually play they’re as good as anyone but Simeone holds them back.

Griezman will go to Barcelona.

Imagine the shame of winning a devalued European cup

1 Like

You’d be as well off folding and starting again. Just so it wouldn’t be associated with the club

They’re basically done because Godin is supposed to be leaving for Inter in the summer and then Griezmann will go too.

They went to the Nou Camp about a month ago needing a win to win the league. Costa got sent off 20 mins in for giving lip to the ref. They dug in with 10 men and created the best chances of the match until the 85th minute when Suarez scored a wonder-goal for Barca. If you think of the thrashing that Barca gave Man Utd and Liverpool at the Nou Camp it was a massively impressive performance.

You’d be a laughing stock

1 Like

Either Liverpool or Tottenham supporters are going to have a complete meltdown here in three weeks’ time because one of them will suffer the humiliation of winning a worthless trophy

Please God let Tottenham suffer that humiliation

4 Likes

It’s effective. And Simeone has a way of getting lads to do that. Dig in. Be horrible. Defend for your lives. I just find it horrible.

Costa is a scum bag

Pray for Liverspurs

1 Like

There’s more than one way to skin a cat

Atleti Woof’s identity is based on being the underdog and digging in

It’s Uruguayan

If everybody looked the same, we’d get tired of looking at each other

I find yer one who plays Philomena Cunk very attractive

And sometimes I like the way Atleti Woof play

I get it.

Doesn’t mean I have to like looking at it though.

You’re saying he’s a dinoosaur. That’s not quite fair because if he was genuinely a dinosaur he wouldn’t be able to get results.

But it’s sort of like a 21st century version of a George Graham team, with everything aspect more tactically astute and much better one-touch passing.

Also don’t forget that Simeone built that team.

He’s a dinosaur in the way that Mourinho is a dinosaur.

I’m not denigrating his achievements or effectiveness. I’m just saying I find it ugly.

Having all that talent at your disposal and not giving them the freedom to go play is wrong.

I’m basing this on seeing them play high stakes games. I don’t watch them in matches against huesca