Champions League Final Thread

look up 4 posts pal.

I have @Fran on ignore

Sorry @Fran

:astonished:

1 Like

Nice one bruv.

The World Cup is a shit standard, way below the Champions League

Luck will have nothing to do with it, i fear it could be a massacre.

Id fancy top teams like brazil and france to comfortably beat liverpool and spurs. Plodders like sissoko, wanyama, milner and Henderson be out of their depth. Problem with national teams is poor managers.

2 Likes

We last competed in Leinster in 1982, safe to say the game of gaelic football has declined horribly since then.

3 Likes

Normally I hate people waffling on with rose tinted nostalgia about how good football was in the old days.

But I watched a bit of the Offaly Kerry match in 1982 and there was some superb point kicking and goal getting in woeful conditions. As good as I’ve seen in any final.

Easy to pick out the weaker players. How about Alli, Lloris, Salah, VVD, Alisson, Bobby are in a Champions League final :face_with_hand_over_mouth: When Utd won it in 08 they had Wes Brown, Rafael, Anderson. Apart from the recent Real teams most winners have had some average players

Our lad Vvd is shit mate

DJ Carey will save it

Bamidele was outstanding for Spurs in the second half on Wednesday night. Big match player.

1 Like

Calm down la

1 Like

I’d agree about league champions and it’s tougher to win. Man City though are not yet champions. Anything can happen in football, eg Brighton getting a draw

The Bloodbath is officially on.

Wouldn’t be surprised if flopp and poch agree to share the trophy.

2 Likes

Bit like Fergie and Avram Grant in '08

In a typical Liverpool moneyball play I’ve arranged a high value for low money route to Madrid and back.

Should be a splendid few days.

6 Likes

The presence of a London club in the final has scuppered my plans of sleeping on a park bench in one of Madrid’s many parks. cc @Tassotti