Champions League Final Thread

Look. You’ve opened my eyes here and by your criteria Man Utd need to hand back that trophy as they won it on a lottery. Liverpool in 05 the same.

I don’t think any team should hand back any trophy. My initial point is it’s rare too teams meet in a final when neither are league champions from the previous season and more than likely won’t be league champions this season. It devalues the competition as it’s meant to be the two best sides in Europe. You can’t really argue spurs are one of the best sides in Europe. Liverpool obviously could win the league. If spurs win a CL after finishing 3rd or 4th in the league this season and last season and happen to win the final on the lottery of penalties it devalues the whole thing. They clearly are not the best team in Europe just like Liverpool in 05. That’s my opinion.

1 Like

Sorry to break it to you mate - but you dont have to be champions to qualify for the tournament — I think that’s been the case for 20 odd years.

People seem to have taken my thoughts on the matter very badly. Estbaan last night and now you.

It’s going to be a long hard three and a half weeks for super fan @anon32894817 to keep his beloved Man U relevant and top of the agenda. He’s put in a very impressive first twelve hours in fairness to him.

2 Likes

Oh yeah — you can see by my posts i’m raging alright.

Maybe go for a walk it’s a beautiful morning.

You’ve about 200 desperate posts in the last 8 hours mate - log off for a while

1 Like

I was on night duty I’m heading to sleep in the next 20 minutes.

Have a good sleep pal.

Penalties are a test of skill and nerve. They are not drawing numbers out of a hat ffs sake.

I took them exactly how you’d expect someone to take them, as utter bollocks

1 Like

It would almost remind of another poster on here.

Impressive going though trying to belittle the top european club competition because now the main target for a once great club is 5th spot in the domestic league. :grin:

Its The forums football experts such as @GeoffreyBoycott that describe penalties as a lottery. I personally think it’s an awful way to end a game. Albeit there’s no easy alternative. I once lost a cup semi final playing rugby after two rounds of extra time when the score was still a draw but the game was decided on who scored the first try in normal time. Sick enough way.

Spurs have an advantage in that they are in bonus territory and are not burdened with huge pressure .

This is livepool’s 3rd European final in 4 seasons and one feels that after the euphoria dampens after Tuesday’s heroic a realization will settle in that they really have to win this .

Klopp has a woeful record in finals too. Not sure on pochs.

He has managed in three European finals and won silver in all 3

1 Like

I’m a very casual soccer fan mate. Outside of Tottenham Hotspur and a few important matches at this time of the year at the business end of the season, I wouldn’t follow it that closely.

Will u travel to Galway Sunday Geoff ?

You rang?