Champions League Matchday 1

Watched Sporting/Manchester United there. Poor enough game. It looks like ManU will again by relying on Vidic and Ronaldo as their two main players this season. The result is the main thing at this stage as form will improve as the season progresses so they’ll be fairly satisfied win an away win despite being ordinary enough.

Quite the dose of irony on RTE there. Dunphy went off on somewhat of a rant lamenting how clubs like Sporting, Benfica and Ajax used to be able to compete at the highest level in Europe but now that there’s exorbitant amounts of TV money floating around the game in England that this is no longer possible.

Instead teams like these are feeling the pinch with even their young players like Nani, Ronaldo et al being taken away from them before they’ve achieved anything of note in the game.

Dunphy said the game’s poorer for this ‘scorched earth’ policy of the big clubs in England, Spain and Italy stockpiling all the talent meaning there was less of a spread of young players across all the teams nowadays.

He vowed to come back in a couple of weeks with a solution as he hadn’t yet thought how the situation could be rectified.

Does he not realise RTE are part of what he regards as a problem paying millions of euro of licence payers money on the product and adding to these clubs’ armoury?

certain posters here are part of the problem- dunphy having a pop at flango after reading this thread it seems

If Dunphy had a pop at me I’d love it.

Everything Dunphy said was true, I just don’t see the point in giving out about it. Let the money machines roll, I cant do anything to change it.

Go Yankees

:kiss: “Ferguson loves Ronaldo”:kiss:

Dunphy: “John said it to me during the game, Ferguson loves him, but nothing dodgy”
cue laughing from John, Bill & Eamon.

Legend

On a serious note.

What was the story with that pitch last night. It looked like a maniac had got on the pitch with a shovel. Very poor. Even the Sporting(thanks Bandage) players were getting pissed off with it. I remember a pass being played to Veloso and it hit a patch and went completley off course. He threw his hands up in desperation. Shite.

Flano wrote:

On a serious note.

What was the story with that pitch last night. It looked like a maniac had got on the pitch with a shovel. Very poor. Even the Porto players were getting pissed off with it. I remember a pass being played to Veloso and it hit a patch and went completley off course. He threw his hands up in desperation. Shite.

I heard the Sporting players were annoyed also.

“Whatever. It’s not bloody mastermind”

Flano wrote:

“Whatever. It’s not bloody mastermind”

Christ, I know that judging by the scheidt you’re clogging up the board with lately.

Bandage wrote:

Flano wrote:

[quote]“Whatever. It’s not bloody mastermind”

Christ, I know that judging by the scheidt you’re clogging up the board with lately.[/quote]

When everybody agrees that Im right all the time there wont be a problem. :wink:

Flano wrote:

Everything Dunphy said was true, I just don’t see the point in giving out about it. Let the money machines roll, I cant do anything to change it.

Go Yankees

That’s why you’re part of the problem Flango.

therock67 wrote:

Flano wrote:

[quote]

Go Yankees

That’s why you’re part of the problem Flango.[/quote]

You’re a Celtic fan Rock. What exactly are you doing to help solve this “problem”.

Have you ever heard of the Eircom league, it’s a little league we have in Ireland thats right on your doorstep, maybe you should take a few games in?

It’s nowhere near my doorstep Flano.

When Belfast Celtic return to the league then I’ll resume my support of them. Until then I’m happy to use their Glaswegian brethern as an alternative.

You support franchises, you think clubs with the most money are the biggest clubs in the world, you have no interest in anything outside the EPL.

therock67 wrote:

It’s nowhere near my doorstep Flano.

When Belfast Celtic return to the league then I’ll resume my support of them. Until then I’m happy to use their Glaswegian brethern as an alternative.

You support franchises, you think clubs with the most money are the biggest clubs in the world, you have no interest in anything outside the EPL.

1. Its closer than Glasgow

2. Belfast Celtic? Another Brisish club

3. The biggest clubs are the richest.

you have no interest in anything outside the EPL

Pure lies and fantasy.