Champions League - Matchday 6

Justin.tv seems to have a load of links under the sports videos for most of the games. It was a nightmare when it went 4 or 5 times during United/Sunderland though.

despite chelea’s attempts to hype this game up by giving away free scarfs to all their fans the atmosphere at the ground sounds really terrible. is it usually this bad at league games or other epl clubs?

I’m on Group A duty tonight - watching Chelsea on the telly and Roma on the box. Cluj are giving Chelsea plenty of it and are well in the game. It’s the type of sloppy Chelsea performance where they invariably get rescued by a goal from a set piece. If Cluj keep their discipline Chelsea could get nervy as the game goes on. They’re playing some decent stuff. 0-0 in Rome too - cagey enough so far but I like watching Totti and Gourcuff.

Whats the outcome if the results stay the same bandage…Cracking episode of Fair City on at the moment

Chelsea would go through as group winners, with Roma joining them.

Liverpool have just gone behind.

PS, Farmer was right about John Arne Riise. He’s some shit.

Roma would win the group as things stand. :slight_smile:

Edit: Now Chelsea would win the group.

That’s a lie Shan, a bare-faced lie.

Chelsea would jump ahead of Roma having taken the lead, with Roma drawing.

And the scruffy goal came from a set piece as predicted. I predict they’ll go on and win by a couple more despite being distinctly average.

[quote=“Bandage”]That’s a lie Shan, a bare-faced lie.

Chelsea would jump ahead of Roma having taken the lead, with Roma drawing.

And the scruffy goal came from a set piece as predicted. I predict they’ll go on and win by a couple more despite being distinctly average.[/quote]

Note the edit in my post. I thought about just deleting it you know. :slight_smile:

It would be unlike you to delete posts Shan. :slight_smile:

Anybody watching Liverpool? How’s Robbie Keane playing?

As things stand Roma would win the Group.

That was a smashing goal by Cluj. Yer man Culio on the right wing looks a super player. He did the damage away to Roma earlier in the campaign.

A goal of some beauty by my favourite Italian team.

The Prince of Rome makes it 2-0. A sublime footballer.

Roma and Chelsea in that order. Liverpool going to top their group as well. Barca Reserves getting turned over.

riera scored a cracker, ngog had a nice finish with a bit of work to do after a through ball by keane, keane showing some nice link up play but no goal threat

Drogba’s been class since he came on. Chelsea need to get him back into their first XI, either alongside Anelka or in place of him.

Panathinaikos are going to finish ahead of Inter as things stand.

If United came first and drew Inter/Real then wouldnt be great. If you come 2nd and draw Panathinaikos it would be a better draw. United only need to go undefeated for 2 more games to break the longest unbeaten run in the Competition.

great stuff from Roma & the prince of Rome

Important Roma topped the group for that vital home 2nd leg in the next round. Chelsea will be some reward for winning a group.

Chelsea don’t look up to much lately but they’ll probably be a completely different proposition in February with the likes of Essien and Carvalho back.